Not clear:first or last??

Susa

I've tried to go thru search to get info. We'll be on the X Century in Dec. Will 73 year old mom in wheelchair embark first or last with the rest of us? I read about the scooter experience but has anyone had a positive accomodating experience? Another site says that X is the most accomodating.

I am not sure of your question. Is this when you first get on or for excursions. When you first get on there is a special line for the disabled/cane users. It is usually at the far end and one person may accompany the disabled person with no problems. When you get off the ship the last day usually it is colour order but the disabled wait in a lounge until their number is called.

For shore excursions this will very depending on weather there is a tender or not. With a tender they usuall will fit you in with your number but you use an elevator to get to the line.

With a dock it depends when you get there. You can take your turn but you will be at a different spot in some cases. ie you maybe going out the incoming ramp (as the normal out ramp has stairs). You will have to wait at top until they clear the ramp of people. This is for safety reasons (scooters on inclines do not stop on a dime or you have to go top speed to get up ramp). You will then go meet your party on the pier. For tours (from the ship) they usually meet in the pier building if they have not met in a lounge on board.

When I meet in a lounge on board, I always find out where the tour is leaving from as I can not follow the group down the stairs so I meet at the pier. I get to leave about two minutes before them but because everyone is using the elevator they beat me to the place.

Get to know who is head (ship person) of the tour and make sure you tell them you will meet them on the pier.

Thanks! Yes, I was asking about getting on the ship, then off at ports and end of cruise. I will probably call my TA as well for more details. Mom doesn't speak english and if we can't be with her to wait, or at least where she can see us, she' panic:(

Thank you for the thorough info!

susa

Archived