One more drink package question....

I am going to get a drink package but I can't decide between the Ultimate or the Premium

For our little short cruise the price point is only about 30 ...

Any huge difference aside from champagne and Starbucks?

Eye rolling and snarky comments are always welcome! :)

Donna:cool::cool:

I am going to get a drink package but I can't decide between the Ultimate or the Premium

Aside from the premium coffee and fresh squeezed OJ (maybe a better bottled water-I don't know) the alcohol is the same for both packages.

I don't care for the coffee or OJ so I get the premium every time and it works for me.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: (Sorry I just couldn't resist) ;)

Leo...too cute and thank you! On the website for RCCL there is something currently about champagne and wine...

And the eye rolling aside I "lurk" on this site often (even when I don't have a cruise scheduled) and some of the basic questions I see posted truly make me roll my eyes.

Most recently..."what is a cruise compass and MY TIME DINING" and my personal favorite..."how can I board early with my service dog"

Love cruising and this site!

Cheers!

Donna

Hmm, can someone verify - I did not think Starbucks was included on any of the packages, even the Ultimate. I was under the impression "specialty coffee" meant the pay coffee from the Café Promenade.

Starbucks on Oasis and Allure are not included in any packages. However you can get specialty coffee (latte, expresso, cappucino) from Cafe Promenade and restaurants.

Starbucks on Oasis and Allure are not included in any packages. However you can get specialty coffee (latte, expresso, cappucino) from Cafe Promenade and restaurants.

Thank you, that info is good to know. I think its $6 more per day so you'd have to assume you're drinking that much a day in specialty coffees and OJ to require it (which I more than likely would not). Now if Starbucks were included, I would probably get it. :)

Any chance the smoothies in the spa/gym are covered in Ultimate? <---Looked it up, nope. Would be cool though.

Edited by Kdiamond55
Nevermind, googled it :)

Thank you, that info is good to know. I think its $6 more per day so you'd have to assume you're drinking that much a day in specialty coffees and OJ to require it (which I more than likely would not). Now if Starbucks were included, I would probably get it. :)

Any chance the smoothies in the spa/gym are covered in Ultimate? <---Looked it up, nope. Would be cool though.

$6 a day is one OJ glass and a coffee, I guess it's possible, but then I would assume the person would be loosing out on the alcohol side of things unless they are a heavy drinker at night

Trying to decide the same thing. I thought orange juice at breakfast was included for everyone or is that not correct. It ends up being 6.90 with the gratuities. I am on the Indy and I heard that do have a Starbucks that is included in the Ultimate but not sure. Also do you end up drinking much on boarding day or is there not really time. My other thing is do I just wait until the second day (at sea, international waters, no tax) to purchase and my drinks on boarding day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trying to decide the same thing. I thought orange juice at breakfast was included for everyone or is that not correct. It ends up being 6.90 with the gratuities. I am on the Indy and I heard that do have a Starbucks that is included in the Ultimate but not sure. Also do you end up drinking much on boarding day or is there not really time. My other thing is do I just wait until the second day (at sea, international waters, no tax) to purchase and my drinks on boarding day.

OJ from concentrate is free for everyone at breakfast, but fresh squeezed OJ costs extra.

Indy does not have a venue called Starbucks, but serves some Starbucks products at Cafe Promenade, which are included in the package.

Orange Juice is included, Freshly Squeezed is additional or within a package.

Indy doesn't have a Starbucks. It may serve Starbucks blend coffee but it isn't Starbucks.

Personally I drink a bit on the first day to celebrate being away, however I won't be doing that on Lady Q due to turning 21 the day after the cruise finishes :( Europe though I normally have a few cocktails over the afternoon and evening.

OJ from concentrate is free for everyone at breakfast, but fresh squeezed OJ costs extra.

Indy does not have a venue called Starbucks, but serves some Starbucks products at Cafe Promenade, which are included in the package.

Thanks! That helps. Still undecided but getting more info helps. I wish they would just have a list of drink types and the columns with packages and little circles indicating if they are included on their website. It would make the decision so much easier. I don't know what I would do without this board.

Thanks! That helps. Still undecided but getting more info helps. I wish they would just have a list of drink types and the columns with packages and little circles indicating if they are included on their website. It would make the decision so much easier. I don't know what I would do without this board.

Have you seen this:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

You've asked, therefore you'll get, I can make one tomorrow and post it up here, might save a few threads of questions and be a useful tool for others

That is a little more clear than there order page. I just wish they would tell you what the top shelf ultra premium stuff was. So I could say "yes I drink that" or "doesn't interest me".

I enjoy sparkling water which you can only get with ultimate (or replenish) so for me that makes a difference between ultimate & premium, alongside the coffee and juice.

That is what I keep thinking. But then I look at the drink menu and it looks like all the drinks are included except one the elderflower one. How much are the specialty coffees on board and is it just a latte or cappuccino in the MDR?

You've asked, therefore you'll get, I can make one tomorrow and post it up here, might save a few threads of questions and be a useful tool for others

That would be amazing!

That is what I keep thinking. But then I look at the drink menu and it looks like all the drinks are included except one the elderflower one. How much are the specialty coffees on board and is it just a latte or cappuccino in the MDR?

I think they should use "espresso drinks" instead of "specialty coffees" as a phrase.

They are about the same cost as on land.

It's lattes, etc, from the MDR and from places like Cafe Latte-tudes. Drinks packages do NOT cover espresso drinks from the actual, branded, green-letters, "Starbucks" on Oasis and Allure. But they do cover espresso drinks from the other espresso locations.

Packages can be purchased or upgraded on board. I am just going to wait and see what is available, how much vs individual prices, before I decide.

There is no real advantage of purchasing up front unless you know what you are getting:)

Here it is- Drinks Packages;

Print Friendly PDF - http://olivercaveney.co.uk/RCI_Drinks.pdf

This is an excellent summary. One small thing is that you have "All wines" under Ultimate package. I don't believe there's any difference in wines by the glass between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

This is an excellent summary. One small thing is that you have "All wines" under Ultimate package. I don't believe there's any difference in wines by the glass between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

You rock!! This is awesome and will help a ton of people. Thanks you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums