Communication on board

MamaTortuga

i've never used the app myself but it seems like it would be compatible with the new 'social media plan' which is being rolled out at $5/day or $25/sailing per person.

According to a post by JH, the access to the ship board app and messaging is $5 per device per sailing. If you want to upgrade to the social media package, then it's $5/day or $25/sailing.

My husband and I were on the Freedom in November and we both purchased the social media Internet package which allowed us to use the app What'sapp to "text" back and forth when we weren't together on the ship. It worked great for us!

According to a post by JH, the access to the ship board app and messaging is $5 per device per sailing. If you want to upgrade to the social media package, then it's $5/day or $25/sailing.

correct, for the carnival funhub app. but the previous poster was inquiring about what lyndilouwho mentioned about 'the app what'sapp' above, which would require the social media package as it's not carnival's proprietary app with that special flat fee access (which also is only available on the breeze currently for that matter).

I hadn't even thought of that! Actually didn't know we could leave messages on the phone, I might do that so I wont have to go to the cabin whenever I decide to go somewhere else.

I may also purchase the internet plan too so I can take care of some work in my online classes. I'll probably pay by minute though since I don't plan on being on the internet that long.

Depending on how much time you need to spend on your classes, you are probably better off with a package. Internet, unless it has been upgraded, is painfully slow. Plus the per minute cost is pretty high if I remember right.

Oh yeah....My phone is staying in the safe. I'd rather not be found. :) But really, my wife and I aren't that far apart, or for very long on a cruise, and I really don't want to bother with it. I'm on vacation and could careless if I see my phone for the entire week. It'll be busy enough the other 51 weeks of the year.

Edited by ccartman2
added to post

Depending on how much time you need to spend on your classes, you are probably better off with a package. Internet, unless it has been upgraded, is painfully slow. Plus the per minute cost is pretty high if I remember right.

Oh yeah....My phone is staying in the safe. I'd rather not be found. :) But really, my wife and I aren't that far apart, or for very long on a cruise, and I really don't want to bother with it. I'm on vacation and could careless if I see my phone for the entire week. It'll be busy enough the other 51 weeks of the year.

I could probably type up what I need for my classes in a word document then I won't waste too much time when I log on to save myself the headache. Any reading can be done offline so I won't need the Internet much. I plan to leave my phone alone too. Everyone else can catch me when I get back.