Wonder- Pirates Night

auntybevy

We are on the Wonder in March (5 days) and I was wondering if there is always a pirates' dress-up event. Just wondering if we should bring costumes along with us.

All DCL cruises (except for the Alaska ones) have a Pirates night. Some people dress up in full pirate gear, some don't. It's up to you whether you want to or not.

We were on the Wonder in December. Pirate night was the 2nd night of our cruise. A lot of people dressed up but there were many who didn't. You will be fine either way.

They will have pirate backgrounds for photos and characters as pirates.

I don't know if this always happens, but the stateroom hosts left bandanas in the staterooms during the day the day of pirate night on my sailing . So even if you don't bring a costume, you will still look as if you participated.

For the fireworks, I recommend watching them on deck 10 in the goofy pool area on the starboard

side. You can see Mickey flying over the pool deck right before the fireworks start from that spot. Get there early because the deck will get crowded. The quiet cove area on deck 10 might be less crowded.

Edited by ZaWeible

I don't know if this always happens, but the stateroom hosts left bandanas in the staterooms during the day the day of pirate night on my sailing . So even if you don't bring a costume, you will still look as if you participated.

For the fireworks, I recommend watching them on deck 10 in the goofy pool area on the starboard

side. You can see Mickey flying over the pool deck right before the fireworks start from that spot. Get there early because the deck will get crowded. The quiet cove area on deck 10 might be less crowded.

We prefer deck 10 also for the fireworks, but on the port side. That way you can look across, see Mickey fly by, and not have to be looking so much straight up to view the fireworks.

If the Pirates night party gets shelved on both classics permanently after the introduction of the Frozen deck party this summer season, there won't be a Mickey to watch slide anyway.

Fireworks definitely when they are able to.

Can't see how they can incorporate the wire slide into a Frozen deck party?

ex techie

THey haven't said (as far as I know) whether the pirates have run their course or whether the Frozen deck party is in addition to pirates. Since many of the northern cruises are more than 7 nights, it is possible that Frozen represents an additional activity to fill some of those nights.

Remember when they did "adult pajama party" in the Quiet Cove area? For those who don't, it was something of a fiasco. It was a very windy night and cruise director Peter was running all over trying to collect that hanging decorations before they blew overboard. And...because it was cool and windy, only a few hearty souls showed up. They did say it had been totally successful the year before on a warm, calm night.

If the Pirates night party gets shelved on both classics permanently after the introduction of the Frozen deck party this summer season, there won't be a Mickey to watch slide anyway.

Fireworks definitely when they are able to.

Can't see how they can incorporate the wire slide into a Frozen deck party?

ex techie

Marshmallow Coming down from the ice castle/North mountain!!!!!

Op, don't forget tinker bell and pirate fairies if you have girls!