Advice please

timetravellers

We shall be sailing on our first MSC cruise in April. This was booked some time ago and I can't remember whether we were asked about whether we want beds together or apart or whether we were asked about a dining time preference.

I have logged into the Booked section of the website but there is no mention of the above.

Also, will MSC send us baggage labels before we sail? And is the page that I printed of the Booked section, the document we need for check in?

One last question. How formal are the formal nights?

No matter what they'll take care of the beds for you. Also they should have asked about dining preference. I didn't have any problems with this and we were a large family. You will print your luggage tags when they email you your boarding passes. That will be about 4 weeks before you sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The formal nights are formal but not everyone wears a suit and tie or long dress although many of them do. A sports jacket is the least that I would advise though for men and ladies to be semi-formal. If you do not want to dress for the occasion on those specific nights (and there are 2 of them within 7 days) then you can always eat upstairs at the buffet. Remember you are seated for dinner at a table of 8 and you don't want to be the under-dressed one ;)

Dining preference time depends on how late to want to stay up with a full belly as you can eat ... and eat ... and eat :D We did an April cruise last year and we prefer the early dinner sitting, then the show, a few drinks and a few dances and then off to bed (but that is just us)

Hope that this helps

Dining preference time depends on how late to want to stay up with a full belly as you can eat ... and eat ... and eat :D We did an April cruise last year and we prefer the early dinner sitting, then the show, a few drinks and a few dances and then off to bed (but that is just us)

Hope that this helps

That certainly does help. Thanks.

I have now established that we are on first sitting for dinner. Any idea what time that would be and what time second sitting is? This is a cruise on Fantastica out of Venice.

If I'm not mistaken, the first sitting is at 6.30pm and the second one at 9pm. We did the cruise on Magnifica out of Venice so I am assuming that the times are the same.

Thanks for that. We would usually go for 2nd sitting but 9pm is simply too late for us.