Outlet Question

Babcie3

Are there enough outlets in a balcony room on Ms Zaandam? When we were on a Carnival cruise we took a power strip so we could charge our digital camera and cam corder. It came in handy. How are HAL ships laid out regarding outlets?

Thanks,

Joanne

A small outlet strip would be good to bring with you. There is only the two plug outlet on the desk area.......jean :cool:
Bring the outlet strip. I believe there is only one outlet on the desk and one in the bathroom.

The one in the bathroom is for razors only, you can`t use your hair dryer with it..........jean :cool:
I am not sure what the rating is on the one in the bathroom is, but I do use it to charge camera batteries. But the best advice as everyone has said, bring a power strip.:)

Ruth has solved the outlet problem....

We always get a Verandah suite and she brings along a 3.5KW Generator with six extension cords and she has no problems. A long as you use a metal gasoline can and a commercially rated fire extinguisher you should have no problems. The only problem is carrying the crate onboard as the porters will not take it in with the luggage. It is hell fitting it though the x-ray machine.....

Jim & Ruth

Ruth has solved the outlet problem....

We always get a Verandah suite and she brings along a 3.5KW Generator with six extension cords and she has no problems. A long as you use a metal gasoline can and a commercially rated fire extinguisher you should have no problems. The only problem is carrying the crate onboard as the porters will not take it in with the luggage. It is hell fitting it though the x-ray machine.....

Jim & Ruth

Hey Jim, I like that one!!! Now you got me started, this is going to take this thread in a slightly different direction and should really be in a silliest thing I've heard thread but here it goes. I was on the Oosterdam a year or so ago and we were docking in St. Maarten when the captain came on the PA and said it was going to take awhile because we had lost a generator and he could not use the bow thruster's. But he docked magnificantly. Later that day I overheard a women on the Lido say "that her husband was an electrical engineer and he couldnt understand why they just didnt rent a protable generator and use it"!:confused: Now at least the next time I can suggest to see if Ruth is aboard with her generator and maybe they can plug in!!!!! Who knows maybe they will comp you for the cruise!!!!!:eek: I wont even comment on her husband's engineering capabilities!!!:D

Glad you enjoyed the comments...

How do you get the smiley faces inside the text. Have not been able to get that to work. I think it is my keyboard.

If you think the post is nutsy go and check out our pictures on webshot.

You will love the slipper closet. It takes us 9-11 suitcases for a 7 day cruise.....

Jim

Glad you enjoyed the comments...

How do you get the smiley faces inside the text. Have not been able to get that to work. I think it is my keyboard.

If you think the post is nutsy go and check out our pictures on webshot.

You will love the slipper closet. It takes us 9-11 suitcases for a 7 day cruise.....

Jim

Use the smiley faces to the right of the update (message) box that you type into.:rolleyes: If your screen resolution is set low say 800x600 you may not be able to see them without using the slide bar at the bottom of your screen to shift the screen to the right.:confused:

Archived