Eastern Caribbean or Southern Caribbean??

CnKinChatt

Need opinions :) which is the better itinerary? Eastern (Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, St. Maarten) or Southern (Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curaçao, Aruba)?

Would love to hear which you think is the better itinerary and why...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done all of those ports many times and each has their own positive.

We love the Southern Caribbean but don't like the Dominican Republic. But I would probably do the Southern Caribbean and just stay on the ship in the Dominican Republic (like we did this past November).

Same. Do not feel very safe and find the place a little unsettling. Also tend to get very bitten by insects here as opposed to other locations. Just a personal thing.

Edited by Folk Singer

Good to know...and it'll just be me, my daughter and maybe one of her friends - so if it has an unsafe vibe I'd have to think twice before venturing out there. I've heard that sometimes the ship spa offers discounts on port days to entice a few people to stay on ship and spend money...may be a good spa day 😉

Awesome...so excited! All of the ports I listed will be new to us...only places I've been in the Caribbean is Tortola, St Thomas, Antigua and Nassau. My main criteria for this cruise was to see new ports..

There will certainly be spa specials in port, if you choose to take advantage of them. If not, you will notice the ship being very sparse with passengers, so you can enjoy "your" ship that day!

Eastern and Western itineraries are more common. If you have the ability to do Souther Caribbean ports, take advantage of it. Next time you can always book an Eastern itinerary and start filling in the islands you missed :cool:

I'm just SOOO torn! The good thing though is that both itineraries stop at Grand Turk...which is super high on my list. Also, I'm doing a little research to try to find out if Consuela Ivy will be on the Breeze during either sailings I'm looking at...that would def sway my decision - she was beyond amazing.