ALLURE Coastal Kitchen ????

lisa70

I understand that you would like this [the CK] and it would then matter what ship you choose, but, Royal has never, to my knowledge guaranteed anything during dry dock from very far out. Heck- no one even knows what's happening exactly to Freedom and it IS In dry dock now!!:eek:

If this was the main, number one thing I wanted on a sailing [and totally get it;)] I just don't think I would of booked this ship yet.

That's not the case. It states on the RCI website, even today, that suite guests on Oasis Class ships (which I believe to be both Oasis AND Allure if I'm not mistaken) will be able to dine in Coastal Kitchen. That, to me, is a statement that suite guests will have access to Coastal Kitchen. It doesn't say it's a possibility.

I don't know how to give a link to this I'm afraid, but it's on the website in the Q&A section under food and drink. If they have decided that this won't be the case I think they should at least be honest about it.

OK, now that get the the it. When we sailed on Oasis the was close to a month after dry dock. We were the first cruise who had option of meals throughout the day all week.

We sail on Allure May 28th, shortly after dry dock. What is your sailing date? If it is after ours and I can let you know here on the boards if the CK is open and to what level.

Thank you. That would be great. We are sailing one month after you, on 28th June.

That's not the case. It states on the RCI website, even today, that suite guests on Oasis Class ships (which I believe to be both Oasis AND Allure if I'm not mistaken) will be able to dine in Coastal Kitchen. That, to me, is a statement that suite guests will have access to Coastal Kitchen. It doesn't say it's a possibility.

I don't know how to give a link to this I'm afraid, but it's on the website in the Q&A section under food and drink. If they have decided that this won't be the case I think they should at least be honest about it.

I totally get what you are saying. I do understand wanting CK to be added. I do get it says it on the website. I'm on your team here!!:D

What I'm trying to say is, it is 'supposed' to be added during dry dock. It may not. Royal has been known to change things. They can change their minds if they want to. That is why I personally, would never book something I wanted hoping it would be added on dry dock. That's all I'm saying. You might have some recourse if you find at the time of your sailing I may be unfortunately right. And I don't want to be-trust me- but I'm pretty sure they protect themselves with some fine print somewhere!!

Again-CK was the one thing Royal came out with lately that really appealed to me and made me think I may try Oasis class. I've been following it closely since it has started on Oasis and they are still changing the operation and function of it to this day. Drinks all day-no drinks all day. Breakfast and lunch everyday-now, lunch is only sea days. Junior suites maybe for dinner-no Jr. suites for dinner.:confused: I don't think they even know what they are doing now so thinking it is a for sure to be added to Allure is something I would question. ;)

Edited by Debde

Please forgive me if this has already been reported.

On our October 25, 2015 cruise the new Diamond Lounge was on Deck 4 and the CL on Deck 11 was was still open to D+ and P for a buffet lunch and free beer and wine.

On our January 2015 cruise the Diamond Lounge on Deck 4 was closed and moved to Decks 11 and 12 as the new Diamond Lounge. The lounge on Decks 11 and 12, the old CL, is no longer open for lunch. For now the conversion to Wonderland is on hold. Needless to say, at 5:30 PM the new Diamond Lounge was overcrowded.

I totally get what you are saying. I do understand wanting CK to be added. I do get it says it on the website. I'm on your team here!!:D

What I'm trying to say is, it is 'supposed' to be added during dry dock. It may not. Royal has been known to change things. They can change their minds if they want to. That is why I personally, would never book something I wanted hoping it would be added on dry dock. That's all I'm saying. You might have some recourse if you find at the time of your sailing I may be unfortunately right. And I don't want to be-trust me- but I'm pretty sure they protect themselves with some fine print somewhere!!

Again-CK was the one thing Royal came out with lately that really appealed to me and made me think I may try Oasis class. I've been following it closely since it has started on Oasis and they are still changing the operation and function of it to this day. Drinks all day-no drinks all day. Breakfast and lunch everyday-now, lunch is only sea days. Junior suites maybe for dinner-no Jr. suites for dinner.:confused: I don't think they even know what they are doing now so thinking it is a for sure to be added to Allure is something I would question. ;)

Thank you.

Perhaps I have been naive in taking RCI at their word. I know they change things from time to time, and people have come to expect and accept that, for some reason.

What I didn't realise is that even when they advertise in their promotional material and on their website that something IS included in the price we pay, it's not necessarily the case, as they can change their minds at any time. As you say, there's probably something in the small print to cover their backs around that though.

I will wait and see what happens. As long as we have an answer before the balance is due. Then we can decide if we want to change our minds too :)

I believe the dry dock is in April/May 2015.

We are on the April 19th crossing. After it reaches Barcelona, it will go into dry dock. Hopefully, it won't be as messed up as Oasis was when we boarded after its dry dock.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, at one point I read somewhere that JS were able to use CK for dinner, but a poster 'somewhere' here yesterday said no ... so who knows! At this point, I'm at 'who cares'?!! LOL!! We are sailing in a JS from Barcelona on May 19, 2015 and were told we would be the first sailing after Dry Dock ... first it was DD and then no. Right now we have MTD and are good with that. The way we look it, we'll find out when we get on the ship and either way, I'm sure we'll have a great cruise!! :)

I'm sailing on Oasis in the May and according to Crown & anchor Costal Kitchen is not operational because DD has not been added to the Oasis class ships. If Allure doesn't get DD there won't be a coastal Kitchen.

I'm sailing on Oasis in the May and according to Crown & anchor Costal Kitchen is not operational because DD has not been added to the Oasis class ships. If Allure doesn't get DD there won't be a coastal Kitchen.

CK has been operational on oasis now for 2 months

I'm so confused. Somehow, I was associating Coastal Kitchen with new suite perks, not DD.:confused:

I'm so confused. Somehow, I was associating Coastal Kitchen with new suite perks, not DD.:confused:

So was I, until someone alluded to the fact that Coastal Kitchen would only be implemented if DD was. When I called RCI to query this, they said they couldn't tell me if it was, or wasn't.

It wouldn't be an issue if we hadn't paid so much more to stay in a suite, on the understanding that this would be one of the benefits, because it is advertised as such. Now we don't know if it will, and the company seem very reluctant to comment. I'm still waiting on a response from them by email.

I think it is a suite perk along with the SL, brought on by DD. What's its not, is a C&A perk.

This is all so up in the air now, and I'm probably getting perks mixed up, but I thought that Pinnacle C&A had access to Coastal Kitchen.

Edited by clarea

You would think this!!! The more I read, the more it does not seem as such!:(

Couldn't wait for Royal to get its act together on suite perks so took the plunge for NCL. It already has the Haven restaurant so don't have to wonder if it's going to be there or not!!;)

This is all so up in the air now, and I'm probably getting perks mixed up, but I thought that Pinnacle C&A had access to Coastal Kitchen.

That's correct, any gold card holder, first time cruisers and up

Edited by setsail

Did they confirm this to you in writing?