Sunshine vs. Dream

MickeyNicki

Last year we sailed out of NOLA on the Sunshine. This year we are sailing on the Dream out of NOLA. We really liked some things on the Sunshine that are not on the Dream. Please tell me something that may get us excited about the Dream. We really liked the Red Frog Pub as a place to hang out and visit with friends during the day. This is not on the Dream. Is there some place similar that we can sit, relax, and have a drink during the day? We also liked the sports bar which apparently is also not on the Dream. Tell me all the things we will love on the Dream. TIA!

We missed a couple of those things on the Dream also, but we LOVED the Dream anyway. We liked those things on the Sunshine, but it was our least favorite cruise to date. We went on the Dream twice last year and they have an exceptional crew, our hangout place was the Blue Iguana. Really fun bartenders there. The burrito bar, while not as good as the Blue Iguana Cantina, was still good. The pasta place is great! Ocean plaza is another great place to hang out. They often times had a great band playing.

Last year we sailed out of NOLA on the Sunshine. This year we are sailing on the Dream out of NOLA. We really liked some things on the Sunshine that are not on the Dream. Please tell me something that may get us excited about the Dream. We really liked the Red Frog Pub as a place to hang out and visit with friends during the day. This is not on the Dream. Is there some place similar that we can sit, relax, and have a drink during the day? We also liked the sports bar which apparently is also not on the Dream. Tell me all the things we will love on the Dream. TIA!

I didn't care for the Dream. I loved the Sunshine! The best place to sit is in Ocean Plaza.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We missed a couple of those things on the Dream also, but we LOVED the Dream anyway. We liked those things on the Sunshine, but it was our least favorite cruise to date. We went on the Dream twice last year and they have an exceptional crew, our hangout place was the Blue Iguana. Really fun bartenders there. The burrito bar, while not as good as the Blue Iguana Cantina, was still good. The pasta place is great! Ocean plaza is another great place to hang out. They often times had a great band playing.

Can you tell me more about the Ocean Plaza? Is it inside or outside? Is there a bar? Open all day/evening or only certain hours? Thank you for replying!

Can you tell me more about the Ocean Plaza? Is it inside or outside? Is there a bar? Open all day/evening or only certain hours? Thank you for replying!

Its on the 5th floor open all day and has a bar. There is a small dance floor, they also play trivia and a few other things there. Kind of like the area outside of the Red frog Pub on the Sunshine.

Its on the 5th floor open all day and has a bar. There is a small dance floor, they also play trivia and a few other things there. Kind of like the area outside of the Red frog Pub on the Sunshine.

We sat there often as well. That makes me feel a little bit better, but really liked the games in the pub. Thank you!

We loved the Dream. We could always find a place to hang out, relax and have a drink. We enjoyed the piano bar at night. When we were on, we would sit around the Lido and listen you the soloist playing an acoustic guitar. Very relaxing and peaceful. If you've had enough sun, the Ocean Plaza was great. Always something going on. We loved sitting back on the Aft part of the Lido as well. Sometimes there were hardly any people around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The Ocean Plaza was located on deck 5 (I believe) and was inside. There is a bar and lots of music and trivia. I don't remember walking through there and it wasn't hopping. Always something going on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I think it is at the very aft of the Lido deck - on Sea Days there is an Indian Tandoori lunch that is beyond incredible!!

Search Cruise Critic there is a thread entitled "All things Dream" that has TONS of info on the ship.

We really enjoyed the Dream (especially as we were in an Cloud 9 Spa OV - which was truly the bomb!) I hope you have a great time!

We are going on the Sunshine for the first time in April and are looking forward to comparing and contrasting the two.

I think it is at the very aft of the Lido deck - on Sea Days there is an Indian Tandoori lunch that is beyond incredible!!

Search Cruise Critic there is a thread entitled "All things Dream" that has TONS of info on the ship.

We really enjoyed the Dream (especially as we were in an Cloud 9 Spa OV - which was truly the bomb!) I hope you have a great time!

We are going on the Sunshine for the first time in April and are looking forward to comparing and contrasting the two.

We also have a Cloud 9 Spa OV. What was your room number? I hope it is the same room.