Best Beach Bars

CruisinCrow

We'll be in St Martin in April on the Celebrity Summit and are looking for a nice beach bar just to relax and hang out for a couple of hours. It doesn't really matter which beach, as long as it has fresh, local food, good drinks and preferably a scenic location (because I'd like to walk around a bit and take pictures). Your suggestions are welcome!

We'll be in St Martin in April on the Celebrity Summit and are looking for a nice beach bar just to relax and hang out for a couple of hours. It doesn't really matter which beach, as long as it has fresh, local food, good drinks and preferably a scenic location (because I'd like to walk around a bit and take pictures). Your suggestions are welcome!

Swimming or no swimming?

Either one. We probably won't swim - just want to get some lunch and enjoy a view and island vibe.

Then the boardwalk would be my suggestion. Plenty of bars, restaurants and shopping nearby. Easy 15 minutes walk to the start of it from the pier.

Guys at Maho and Karakter on Simpson Bay would be my other two suggestions.

Thanks! Is there any particular place on the boardwalk that you recommend? The boardwalk area looks kind of interesting but also a little industrial.

What is it that you like about Guys and Karakter? I couldn't find a menu for Guys. What kind of food do they have?

During busy season restaurants along the boardwalk get pretty busy and there is often a wait to get a table in the shade, especially if you have a larger group.

Everyone and their dog will be trying to get you to rent a beach chair but we love the boardwalk because it's convenient, tons of people and relatively easy to get food and cheap beer. But I think it's a bit of a challenge to get much beyond your typical bar/beach food there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Is there any particular place on the boardwalk that you recommend? The boardwalk area looks kind of interesting but also a little industrial.

What is it that you like about Guys and Karakter? I couldn't find a menu for Guys. What kind of food do they have?

How can I say this without sounding like a snob:cool: I am a little mature for the beach bars on the boardwalk anymore but I do love the Ocean Lounge at the Holland House which come to think of it is on the beach and does have a bar so I guess my answer can be the Ocean Lounge at the Holland House Hotel.:D

Karakter has amazing food served on china plates and drinks served in glass glasses. It's also a bus and the loungers are free for customers. :D

At Guys at sunset there seem to be lots of locals and its laid back and people mention they have great pizza. It also is at Maho where the planes fly right over the beach which is always fun.

I think the Ocean Lounge will be a little out of budget for lunch, but Karakter sounds intriguing.

I'll have to ask my husband how far afield he wants to go - closer to the ship like the boardwalk or one of the farther beaches. He loves little local joints with good local food (and cheap beer). :)

I think the Ocean Lounge will be a little out of budget for lunch, but Karakter sounds intriguing.

I'll have to ask my husband how far afield he wants to go - closer to the ship like the boardwalk or one of the farther beaches. He loves little local joints with good local food (and cheap beer). :)

I hope that you get lots of suggestion and choose the best fit for the two of you. This is one thing that this island has tons of:)

I find karakter to be a bit on the pricey side, compared to some local ribs and chicken spots. Nice place, classy, but a bit $$$$.

gary

How can I say this without sounding like a snob:cool: I am a little mature for the beach bars on the boardwalk anymore but I do love the Ocean Lounge at the Holland House which come to think of it is on the beach and does have a bar so I guess my answer can be the Ocean Lounge at the Holland House Hotel.:D

Karakter has amazing food served on china plates and drinks served in glass glasses. It's also a bus and the loungers are free for customers. :D

At Guys at sunset there seem to be lots of locals and its laid back and people mention they have great pizza. It also is at Maho where the planes fly right over the beach which is always fun.

Making note of this... Can we go off the ship and have lunch and drinks at ocean lounge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I find karakter to be a bit on the pricey side, compared to some local ribs and chicken spots. Nice place, classy, but a bit $$$$.

gary

Absolutely agree. Several years back we saw 3 or 4 young ladies arrive at Karakter via their dinghy from the Victoria Secret yacht Limitless that was anchored out in the bay. We were eating next door at Mary's Boon. Until that day DH said "I'm not eating food from an old bus". Now it's one of his favourite places for lunch. :D

Located just off the boardwalk is 'Juggies ......World's Smallest Bar'. 2 beers & small Cuban cigar all for $2.99.

Thanks! We've decided to take a Bernard island tour instead of having lunch at a beach bar that day. But I think we'll have time after the tour to make a stop there. :)