Would you switch from GS to two D1s?? NEED ADVICE

The Grand Suite is on the hump of the Serenade for our sailing next year.

We have two children, DD will be 13 and DS will be 8. I wonder if we should look into two connecting D1s or stick with the GS. The extra room would be nice, but is it that much more room for two D1s?

Also, an extra bathroom...hmmm...

We would have to go from deck 10 to deck 9.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Kim

I think it boils down to how much "privacy" you and spouse would like. Since our kids are grown we always book a GS for ourselves. However, when they were smaller we went for two connecting cabins. It was always just less stressful that way.

Despite being on a cruise, somedays the only things my kids wanted to do was watch a movie or play video games(late at night). The seperate cabins gave all of us space and seem more like a vacation. It also afforded spouse and me some intimate time that would not have been available it we only had one cabin.

No falling over the pull out sofa or tripping over suitcase. Better yet, I was yelling because they were leaving clothes all over the cabin. I allowed their cabin to be as messy as they could stand it!

We went with aft JS and D1 (adjoining) on deck 10 in order to have the extra bathroom, balcony space, and a little more privacy. Wouldn't trade those for either GS or OS (but would LET them upgrade us to the Royal suite... ;) ). My kids are older (19 & 14), and don't know your level of comfort with kids in separate room--though with connecting door, not as much of an issue. Think you will enjoy whatever you choose.

We just returned from a 12 day cruise on Brilliance of the Seas, and had connecting cabins 7044 and 7042 for our family of 4 (kids 12 and 9). This set up worked great for us, especially in terms of privacy and getting everyone out the door for excursions and dinner.

We definitely wanted the connecting door between the two cabins, so we could check on the kids any time. Very little noise passed through the doors when closed. The doors in between cabins do not lock, so we never had to worry about the kids "locking us out".

The cabins were large enough for our needs on a port intensive cruise. These cabins had a larger balcony, which we used extensively.

THANKS

I think just having the extra bathroom and storage space is worth it not to mention the privacy and you can always leave the connecting door open.This time we are taking 4 girls ages 19-21 and have 3 cabins.We are in a D1 and the girls are across the hall in 2 connecting rooms.

Archived