Car Service to LaGuardia??

RWayne

We're flying into LaGuardia in Oct to sail the Canada/NE coast on the Grand. We'll probably take a taxi into Manhattan. I've heard, however, that once we return, the best way to get back to LaGuardia is via a "car service". Does anyone have first hand information about the optimum way to get back to the airport? Our flight from LGA leaves at 2 PM and if it's not a problem, I can rest easy. If the car service is the way to go, are there any recommendations?

Also, send your horror stories.... I like it when my stress level is WAAAAYYYY up there. ;)

Thanks.

Having been an ex new yorker I can tell you this... when you hire a car(car service) you always know what the price will be. Some of the services I have used in the past are Lincoln Limosine and New Day. You can look them up on the internet. They will even meet you at the airport and drive you to Manhattan. you can prearrange everything so there is no guess work. Generally they both use town cars and the prices are the same as a cab that may smell fowl!

I Hope this helps!

patrick

A few of us booked Carmel car service and I have to say not my best car experience. They have a website if you want to research.

First of all I was on the Golden this past May that came in late by a day as we were stuck at sea with the storm. We managed to get ahold of the car company by email to change our plans by a day.

The car did arrive on time, but was not the cleanest. The truck already had some of the drivers junk in it so a lot of our luggage was placed on the front seat. The driver did not speak very good english at all.

We know sooner took off and turned the corner to get on the street were people pointing to the car. Sure enough we had a flat tire. So two feet away from the ship we sat.

Th driver put on the spare tire to only find out it was also flat. He then took out an air pump that was about 8 inches long, plugged it into the cigarette lighter and proceeded to pump up the flat. This took quite some time.

By now I was nervous about even making it to the airport much less on time. Definitely needed to get back as I was already a day late to work.

We finally took off racing through the streets of Manhatten. I was so worried about the tire blowing out I could barely enjoy the sights of NYC. Right before we hit the freeway he had to stop to put more air in the tire.

We make to the airport finally, a shaken mess. Needless to say this guy did not get much of a tip. Right when he picked us he mentioned something about stopping for air in the tire. So he must of been chancing it!!

The price was set. My friends who also used the service thought it was just ok. But if you are not going to have a flat tire it is better than a taxi I guess.

Thank you. I found this site after your postings. Do any of these warrant a second look? There are several with similar sounding names and I think it's purposeful - confusing to the consumer but beneficial to the car agency to capitalize on someone else's good reputation. Any help? Thanks again.

http://local.yahoo.com/results?fr=dd-local-more&stx=lincoln+limo&csz=New+York%2C+NY

I live on Long Island - I would just arrange for a car service - they are simply easier than taxis.

I have used this company a number of times and so have some friends - check them out - their cars tend to be very clean and they are on time and reasonable - compared to other companies. They are recommended by some of the better hotels on the island.

http://www.carizmatransportation.com

There are many companies out there - call ahead and get prices and see if anyone knows them - some are much more expensive or much more reliable than others are.

BTW one easy way to check out the companies if you know nothing about them is the BBB. http://www.bbb.org

Archived