Back to Back Cruises

shrimpcruiser

Be sure that you book the same cabin for both cruises. That way you don't have to pack up and move. You will love doing B2Bs, they are very addicting!

It's so nice seeing all the passengers get off and knowing that you do not have to. :D

While I haven't been on a B2B yet, I can assume the airfare savings is a bonus. For those of us who have to fly to a cruise port, paying one airfare for 2 cruises would save us roughly $800 on average.

I haven't done a B2B but we always add a week or so in whatever port we're in. Last cruise, we spent 6 days in San Juan after. Before that was a week in Miami. Our upcoming cruise we're spending 6 days in LA after.

We find its nice to relax the extra days and its like getting a second vacation. We also don't like the stress of everything involved with getting off the ship, then having to get on a plane, fly and get off the plane too. That can easily end up being a 16 hour day of just travel. So we like to break it up with the extra time in the port area.

I am considering my first back to back cruise this year on Carnival. All 12 of my previous cruises have been 7 day cruises.

Any suggestions/comments on (1) is it worth it and (2) how to make the best of it.

Thanks in advance to all!

Yay this is great news back to backs are fantastic and addictive I have only ever done back to backs on the same ship so I can only comment on these type of back to back cruises

Yes it is worth it

Try to get the same cabin when booking

When you come onto the ship make sure you inform your cabin steward you are on a back to back to avoid being woken up early to pack

On the night when people receive their luggage tags to disembark the ship you need to make sure you have a letter from guest relations to say you are on a back to back and where to meet up

Usually you meet up in the atrium with other fellow back to back passengers

You need to have your passport and customs form and passport to disembark including your sign and sail card

You will hand the sign and sail card to one of the guest relations officers who will then lead your group off through customs

You are the last one off the ship and the first one back on the ship

It is so much fun

We did our first B2B this past Christmas on the Conquest. When the group of us reboarded they had champagne, orange juice and mimosas for us in the atrium. They took some pictures of the group(delivered to us on the last night) and we went off to our cabins.

We had a very short time before everyone els boarded(minutes).

Later in the day a fruit basket and bottle of champagne were delivered to the room as a thank you. It's nice to feel appreciated. We booked another B2B on the Breeze in June. Yes- we are hooked

I was on the Miracle for 3 weeks, in May, and had no issue with different cabins each week. :) Made no difference to me. I pack light and don't "move into" any cabin. I did 4 cruises Aug/Sept on 3 different ships.

I've also done pseudo back to backs with changing ships. Walked from one ship to the other.

This was done due to my itinerary priority.

Loved my back to back, but it was only a three day/four day for a total of 7. Wish I could do two 7 day ones. Not sure how long we had because we spent it all on our balcony. Great to have instant room access. No packing or unpacking. The champagne was nice too. The staff seems to think it is cool too. Just a great experience.