Anyone familiar with Hertz "Port of Tampa" Location?

danv3

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find it with the search function. Hertz apparently has a location right at the port (they call it "Port of Tampa"). https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/TPAP15

This is apparently separate from the Marriott Waterside location which is a few blocks away. https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/TPAC17

On the website, the "Port of Tampa" location says "There is not a vehicle rental office at this location. This vehicle may need to be coordinated for pick-up and/or drop-off" but also "Vehicles will be onsite for pickup when Cruise Ships are scheduled to arrive."

Anyone have any idea how this works? How do you pick up the car if there is not an office location?

"PLEASE NOTE: There is not a vehicle rental office at this location. This vehicle may need to be coordinated for pick-up and/or drop-off.

Phone: 813-226-4205

Rental Services Provided By

Tampa - Marriott Waterside HLE

Vehicles will be onsite for pickup when Cruise Ships are scheduled to arrive.

Additional Information

Transportation to the airport is not available.

Looks like rental through Marriott and just pick up car at port!! If your dropping a car they may let you drop it also but betting it will need to go to Marriott to return.

Hope that helps.

I picked up a rental car using Hertz after disembarking Brilliance in 2014 at Tampa. There was a representative at a stand in the terminal (after immigration and customs) who had all my details and the car was parked just outside ready for me.

Hope that helps. Hertz bring the cars over from the main rental office.

I picked up a rental car using Hertz after disembarking Brilliance in 2014 at Tampa. There was a representative at a stand in the terminal (after immigration and customs) who had all my details and the car was parked just outside ready for me.

Thanks! This is what I was hoping for! :)

• 2 months later...

Just in case this is helpful for anyone else, this is exactly the experience I had when I got off Brilliance in April 2015. The Hertz stand is inside the terminal just after customs. No other rental car companies were located in the building.