Cruise Compasses Oasis Western 17-24 JAN 2015

PCWalton1

I was begging for these before my cruise and someone was nice enough to post them so I will pay it forward. Here are the Cruise Compasses for the current Oasis western route.

I have also included the letter listing the Diamond level savings that are automatically loaded on your Seapass card and the welcome letter from the Diamond Concierge.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4oIM8NAb2u-YjZNdmtIT2xhUkk&usp=sharing

I was begging for these before my cruise and someone was nice enough to post them so I will pay it forward. Here are the Cruise Compasses for the current Oasis western route.

I have also included the letter listing the Diamond level savings that are automatically loaded on your Seapass card and the welcome letter from the Diamond Concierge.

Thank you!! These help a ton.

We will be on the Oasis on 3/14 with lots of family and these will be a huge help for the over-planners in our group.

One question, though ...

I see from the Diamond Benefits that cocktails are available in the Diamond Lounge. It doesn't say anything about pre-loading 3 drinks per night for almost any other bar. Did that not happen on your cruise? How crowded was the Diamond Lounge? How strict were they about not removing drinks from Diamond Lounge?

Normally, we love the ease of making new friends in the Diamond Lounge, but on this next trip we will be travelling with non-Diamond family and hoping to take advantage of cocktails loaded on card.

(See, I'm one of the over-planners.)

We will be on the Oasis on 3/14 with lots of family and these will be a huge help for the over-planners in our group.

One question, though ...

I see from the Diamond Benefits that cocktails are available in the Diamond Lounge. It doesn't say anything about pre-loading 3 drinks per night for almost any other bar. Did that not happen on your cruise? How crowded was the Diamond Lounge? How strict were they about not removing drinks from Diamond Lounge?

Normally, we love the ease of making new friends in the Diamond Lounge, but on this next trip we will be travelling with non-Diamond family and hoping to take advantage of cocktails loaded on card.

(See, I'm one of the over-planners.)

Yes they are pre-loaded. We got many in the Schooner Bar as it was on the way to dining from our cabin. They normally don't give you a receipt for the pre-loaded drinks so I made sure I had a few dollar bills with me. :)

We did have a great time. I did a live report if you want to see the pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2151400

Thank you!! Do you remember when the diamond events were? Did they do a sail-away party for diamond on the Labadee day? We are trying to plan spa treatments and do not want to miss the diamond and Crown and Anchor events.

Thanks!

Bill

this is our first time on The Oasis (2/14-2/21) and loved your thread, "Live from...". Sorry about your back hopefully it didn't slow you down too much! I was wondering if you have any specific don't miss or tips - so hard to do everything and know all little places to visit on ship, where to go for farewell party day of leaving etc. Do you dress up for the 80's party? Thanks again for any helpful hints :)

Thank you for the Compasses, Bill. I had the same queston about drinks being pre-loaded, so glad to hear they are still available. If I want a glass of wine with dinner and I don't visit the DL on the way, can I get a glass in the dining room, or should I visit a lounge first and pick one up? Actually, visiting the DL will be easy for us as we will pass it on our way to dinner anyway.

I am glad to see the openng times for Giovanni's on boarding day and the spa special on the port day in Jamaica. I hope they are runnng the same special in May. It sounds delightful!:D

Once agian, thank you. I will be sharing this with our group.

Thank you for the Compasses, Bill. I had the same queston about drinks being pre-loaded, so glad to hear they are still available. If I want a glass of wine with dinner and I don't visit the DL on the way, can I get a glass in the dining room, or should I visit a lounge first and pick one up? Actually, visiting the DL will be easy for us as we will pass it on our way to dinner anyway.

I am glad to see the openng times for Giovanni's on boarding day and the spa special on the port day in Jamaica. I hope they are runnng the same special in May. It sounds delightful!:D

Once agian, thank you. I will be sharing this with our group.

You cannot use the pre-loaded drinks to order wine in MDR. We were on deck 6 so most of the time we stopped at Schooner Bar to get a glass to bring in MDR . Or you could bring one out of the DL as they didn't enforce not allowing drinks out of the lounge. That lack of enforcement may be since we have pre-loaded drinks on the cards now so it no longer really makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these!!!! We are sailing Oasis again this July - 1st time since dining room makeover. Booked my time and specific dining times. From the compass looks like my time is on both Deck 5 ( Silk) & 4 (Grand) as well as traditional. We ask for a table for 2. Is either nicer?? Any other info would be much appreciated. So sorry that the VCL is gone!!!! Many thanks!