Carnival Live - Would You Be Interested in Comedians?

falkcor

Should Carnival Include A-List Comedians in Carnival Live series?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival Include A-List Comedians in Carnival Live series?

• Yes
    • No

The Carnival Live series has been bringing known singers / bands for special sailings for a while now...

If Carnival were to bring someone like Dane Cook (or insert your favorite other comedian in comments below), would you be interested in seeing a known / A-List comedian for a special for fee show similar to the existing Carnival Live musicians in the main theater?

This is not a question about whether we should pay for comedy acts in the lounges (the normal comedians in comedy clubs) - someone like Dane Cook, Jerry Seinfeld (although he'd likely be too much) - you get the point. An additional A-List act IN ADDITION to the normal offerings, and instead of for instance, Kansas as a paid event.

And to be clear one more time, existing comedians and shows as scheduled should and would remain as they are.

Just curious.

in the light of this thread... having just watched dane cook comedy for an hour, i'd definitely pay to watch him, no doubt. i might actually book to be on that cruise, instead of what has been offered by carnival live to date.

i think the concept could be more robust than it is.

I wouldn't pay to see Dane Cook. But, the general idea is nice.

dane cook is just the example i gave that was on comedy central when i thought of this idea.

any comedian you can think of - that you think is hilarious, you'd love to see, and typically won't.

carnival live does pretty much the same thing with the music acts they get. mostly b type musical acts. but i think they could get a lot of A type comedians for the same or less, and offer a similar experience.

I definitely would, at this point in my life a date night is more likely to be to see a comedian we love than a concert. I would love to be able to see favorite comics on a cruise.

yes, that's the point - 'favorite comics' - not necessarily the example i cited - your favorite comics. those which won't be found on a cruise ship normally, but may be for a 'special' show on a ship.

i'd be more inclined to see 'my favorite comics' than a lot of the carnival live performers / bands which are currently offered. that's the point. should that be something they should think about going forward? i think they should.

How does the Carnival Live thing work, anyway? I went to their website and noticed some artists are scheduled to be on two different ship on the same day! I assumed they were performing on the ships but perhaps they are performing at a specific venue at port? That would allow for more than one ship to have them available.

How does the Carnival Live thing work, anyway? I went to their website and noticed some artists are scheduled to be on two different ship on the same day! I assumed they were performing on the ships but perhaps they are performing at a specific venue at port? That would allow for more than one ship to have them available.

typically, the carnival live cruises will stay in port LATE, until about 1am. the band / performer has their for-fee show in the theater, typically more around 8pm or so... everybody else has the advantage of being in port much later than normal. the performers leave the ship, and ship leaves at the later time.

i've never seen them do a combined performance for 2 ships - it's always on the ship, a la carte.

your more than one ship availability may be wrong as that's typically how they do it. however, they are not always the best about posting updates in a timely manner so maybe you saw some overlap. they haven't done a 2 ship on shore performance to date, however.

I was looking at some of the dates yesterday and thought the same thing until I looked closer. The dates listed next to the artists say "cruise begins date", not date of the actual show. I assume this is so you can find the cruise easier to book it. I've watched them load the bands gear for a concert and IMO it would be too much to have a show on one ship, then move it all to another ship for another show on the same night.

dane cook is just the example i gave that was on comedy central when i thought of this idea.

any comedian you can think of - that you think is hilarious, you'd love to see, and typically won't.

carnival live does pretty much the same thing with the music acts they get. mostly b type musical acts. but i think they could get a lot of A type comedians for the same or less, and offer a similar experience.

Great idea. Comedians generally come cheaper than bands. You would think they could get some pretty big name comedians for what they are paying some of these bands.

We saw Lady Antebellum in November on the Breeze. They are one of the most popular bands in country music right now.(Def not B) We actually had booked the cruise prior to the announcement of the concert.

I would not book a cruise specifically for ANY entertainer. However I would purchase tickets if I was already booked for a cruise.

in the light of this thread... having just watched dane cook comedy for an hour, i'd definitely pay to watch him, no doubt. i might actually book to be on that cruise, instead of what has been offered by carnival live to date.

i think the concept could be more robust than it is.

I did pay to see Dane a few years ago here in NJ. He was pretty good. I think the whole idea of Carnival Live is a good one and should be expanded in general. Adding comedians is not a bad idea.

We saw Lady Antebellum in November on the Breeze. They are one of the most popular bands in country music right now.(Def not B) We actually had booked the cruise prior to the announcement of the concert.

I would not book a cruise specifically for ANY entertainer. However I would purchase tickets if I was already booked for a cruise.

don't get me wrong - i'm not negating the quality of those offerings, and i did say 'mostly b type'... lady antebellum would be a band i'd recognize the name of, and i am not disparaging their talent, success or draw.

however, i've never even heard of some of the entertainers that have been in the carnival live series to date, or they were in their heyday 20 years ago.

i still think the carnival live program is a great idea and am glad it's there, and i'm sure some of those 'never heard of' bands are great for others. i'm just proposing an alternative to grow the existing concept. :)

Who's Dane Cook?

who's 38 special? (a former carnival live performer - i had to google it. their 'breakthrough hit' was 34 years ago)

dane cook is one of the most popular contemporary comedians out there actively performing, and was on comedy central last night, which is the only reason why i used him as an example lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_Cook

again, just an example. this is more about the idea of an alternative type of entertainment being offered within the existing structure of the carnival live performances.

I did pay to see Dane a few years ago here in NJ. He was pretty good. I think the whole idea of Carnival Live is a good one and should be expanded in general. Adding comedians is not a bad idea.

nice! i'd obviously be down. agreed - i think carnival live is a great idea, and expanding the offerings would only make it a more robust and popular concept.

I think its a good idea to expand the program to include comedians. I would be more likely to buy tickets to a comedy show than any of the concert acts they have offered so far. Though I would never book a cruise specifically for either a concert or a comedian. There is no entertainer I like THAT much.