question about past guest party

Your mileage may vary. You may be able to bring others with you or you may not. This is completely up to the person you speak to, even though certain social media icons for Carnival (Mischelle, Mary and JH) say you can.

Just came off the Sunshine. During the Gold/Plat/Diamond party Wee Jimmy asked for a show of hands who were of each level. He also asked if anyone was Blue/Red at the party and one woman jumped up and hollered. Wee Jimmy then said "well you're not supposed to be here". According to your social media icons it seems Wee Jimmy (the CD) didn't get the memo (or more likely, your social media icons are simply wrong).

This is why I am fearing that Carnival's next cut will be to limit the "party" to platinum and diamond. There are very many of both.

It will be a disappointment for me, because I have always enjoyed this albeit short party, but it will also not be unexpected. If I had a crystal ball, this would be my next prediction in Carnival cuts, and fit with the cut of the farewell party, among other things.

Last November, it was sooooooo full, jam packed with people standing in the aisle, and the waiters trying to get into serve the people seated, but it was a grab fest, and the waiters just had a hard time getting around. The theater was just too full, and made it difficult all around for everyone. So that is my next predicted Carnival cut. but I am still going to hang in for at least one more

On my last cruise on the Splendor, they actually had TWO VIFP parties in order to accommodate everyone.

Husband reached gold on the last cruise and I was still red. I went with him and had a drink. I have heard that some of our fellow cruisers frown on that but it's not against any Carnival rule that I'm aware of. Plus, it's a vacation with my husband...you think either one of us is going to a party without the other? I think everyone needs to lighten up.

At least this time I will have caught up so we can both get invited. :D

It will all depend on the ship. Most of my past cruises, anyone could just walk in to the party.

On a couple of other cruises, someone stood at the door and collected the invitation. No invitation, no entrance.

So I would say there is a good chance anyone can bring a guest. But beware of the ticket takers. You may get denied.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you order whatever drink you want?

yes you can try, but the waiters exactly don't have a lot of time on their hands. They come out with trays of drinks that are pre-made. That being said, others have ordered and received a special request.

Only the Gold VIFP status and higher member reveices and invitation. Depending on who's working the door, and if you check with GS when you board, you may be able to bring a guest. The rules change daily depending on who you speak with.

Last week I watched one girl get a few drinks and fill up her "water" big gulp cup...which was like 36 ounces, and then left. Good idea, I guess.

Yeah, the fun is the same every cruise... Singer, Cruise Director, Parade of Ships movie, Ships Officers, More Music and some dancing, then done... Kinda boring, but the free drinks are great... food is horrible, we couldn't figure out what they were serving... one thing had a sliver of grapefruit, then sliver of black olive on top of something white, I think it was tofu, but it tasted cheesy, not sure, i was afraid to eat it all... the other things were just as mysterious... and horrible tasting...

When we walked in, they handed us some beads and never even looked at our invitations, nor did they take them....

Edited by poison7fl

I just returned from a Magic cruise. I went to guest services to ask if my cabin mate could attend. This was his first cruise with Carnival. I told the guest services person that we would comply with whatever the policy states. I further stressed that he would not want to intrude if the invitation was for me only. She replied "Certainly he may attend." I enjoyed seeing the video of past ships and seeing the captain and some of the officers. The free drinks and food were also great!

You can request specific drinks. My buddy ordered a jack and coke and then tipped the guy five dollars. Needless to say, the guy ended up bringing him several jack and cokes. That five dollar tip went a long way :D! On my last cruise 3/28 Miracle they had the party on the last day (Friday) before debark(Saturday) . Was not super crowded but it was only a spirit class ship. The door people didn't bother taking my invite from me.

Edited by n6uqqq