11.30 am flight

jeb9860

The only decently priced flight I can get back on Dec 30 from Fll to Phl is at 11.30 am. We are in a suite with priority disembarkation. Do you think we will make it. I know last year we booked on the 3.30 and got to the airport early they put us on the 1.35 flight. Amy ideas would be great.

Which port are you sailing into, FLL or MIA? Which ship? If you are sailing into MIA, there is little likelihood that you could make an 11:30 flight out of FLL, even with priority disembarkation. Probably have a better chance of making it if you are sailing into FLL.

FLL is a really busy airport, especially on days cruises are in port. Long lines are extremely common.

Hence the reason the flight is the least expensive. If you are coming directly into FLL, you could make it. But maybe not. And airlines aren't very likely to nicely put you on a later one, like they did for the earlier one. BTW, you've already been very lucky with that flight, b/c in 16+ cruises, all involving flights, my dh and I have never been put on an earlier flight...even flying 1st class, frequently.:cool:

If it is a significant amount of difference, the airline is a large carrier in that terminal (think Delta in Atl.) so they may have some pull to get you thru security swiftly, then I'd probably go for it. If not much $, sit back and enjoy that 2nd. cup and the scenery without the anxiety!:)

We are coming into Port Everglades on Costa, we are 2 adults and 2 little boys so maybe that's why they gave us an earlier flight last year. The flight I want to book is Airtran as it saves us over $600 for the 4 of us. Maybe I'll hang for a bit and see whether something cheap comes up elsewhere.

I personally would NOT take the chance. You are flying not only with a lot of cruise traffic, but with extra passengers flying to places for New Year's Eve (like NYC and Europe). Flights up and down the East Coast are very full (I just looked in our company database-I do logistics planning for a living).

While looking in our company database, I see a 3:40PM Delta flight, via ATL, at the same price level and fare code as the 11:30 Delta flight. I would check out the 3:40 flight. It is flight #996 to Atlanta and flight #306 to PHL. K0NBV is fare code. There are only 14 seats available on the ATL/PHL flight. FLL/ATL is wide open.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a flight out of Ft. Lauderdale that was a 10:40 AM flight. We returned on the Empress of the Seas, used the express debarkation, carried off all our luggage, (packed light in anticipation of this), off the ship by 8:30AM, and at the airport by 8:45.

It can be done, "IF" everything goes right. Good Luck to you.

Archived