TRY AGAIN.....Need recipe for RCI prawn chips!

mohavemommy

Need recipe for RCI prawn chips! We had the most wonderful prawn chips on our cruise and can't seem to find a recipe for them... they were made from prawns (shrimp) and were airy and had the consistancy of styrofoam.... kind of reminded me of pork rinds, but shrimp flavor.... they were delicious!

Can anyone help me?

I know them as shrimp chips. You can buy them in almost any Asian food market. My mom used to make them. I haven't tried the ones that are pre-made; sold & marketed similar to potato chips. The "homemade" are much better.

Click the link below & look for shrimp chips. I don't know who the author is... be he/she is on the money.

The box has directions in several languages, Asian, Middle Eastern & English... so they most be populay all over. I tried looking for a pix of the pre cooked stuff... but I'm running out of my lunch hour.

http://www.kibo.com/kibofood/

• 3 weeks later...

I also know them as Shrimp chips. We make them during chinese new years. If you go to Amazon.com, you can get them for like $5 a box. They are these hard little colored chips until you dump them in oil. Then they become styrofoamy.

In Amazon, it is called the Welpac Shrimp Flavored Chips. There is a picture on the website. See if that matches what you had.

Thx,

Debbie

• 3 weeks later...
I also know them as Shrimp chips. We make them during chinese new years. If you go to Amazon.com, you can get them for like $5 a box. They are these hard little colored chips until you dump them in oil. Then they become styrofoamy. It is called the Welpac Shrimp Flavored Chips. There is a picture on the website. See if that matches what you had.

That was it.... bought them.... made them..... LOVED them! :D

Archived