Norwegian Star Dry Dock

DreamingBig1

After reading and watching that news story, my guess is they will be on time. With this being the first ship in dry dock in Portland at Vigor in such a long time, they have a lot to prove that they can handle this and deliver according to schedule. That is encouraging news for all of us on the cruise scheduled for the 17th!

YakFamily - there's another recent thread where those of us on the March 17 sailing discussed this. Numerous cruisers have called NCL, including myself. The dry dock IN Portland is scheduled to end March 15, and has been for months. That would give the Star the necessary 2 days sailing time to get to LA. Our guess is that they will finish up the interior work on the way to LA, making the repairs "end" on March 17. At least, that's what we're all hoping!

The cruise is also sold out, and if there are any serious delays scheduled, I can't imagine that they'd wait until the last minute to let 2,300 unhappy passengers know about it.

Thanks so much for posting this. I will share and credit you on our roll call. It was like slowly opening a wrapped present seeing what is being done on the Star.

Wow !! They will have to whip the old girl into a heavy lather to make it to LA in that time !!

Bill, call NCL right now and ask if they need a few extra oarmen to help with the new speed record. I don't have anything on my agenda until the 29th:D

Bill, call NCL right now and ask if they need a few extra oarmen to help with the new speed record. I don't have anything on my agenda until the 29th:D

Steve -- If you plan to volunteer Bev for this, you don't need to worry about your schedule for the 29th !! lol

I tend to believe the previous post that says they will start South on the 15th and continue the work until they get to LA.

Edited by swedish weave

I just watched the news clip - in that clip, they said she's scheduled to leave next Sunday. That's great confirmation! Also, I think it's kind of funny that the dock worker said, "We have the whole world watching us right now..." Yep, the whole world, including 2,300 anxious future passengers, lol!

You are so right!