chileno bay vs sail & snorkel

ladylynne

A family of 8 of us will be on the sapphire princess in cabo the end of october. I have done a search and have read many responses on the two excursions but can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. In comparing the two excursions that the ship offers, they both seem to be very similiar however the Chilneo Bay excursion offers a water slide and a lounge on the bow nets with finger food and an open bar. The Sail & Snorkel excursion does offer drinks but the excursion listing does mention it provides the snorkeling equipment, wheras nothing is said in the Chileno Bay excursion about providing equipment. Has someone been on the Princess excursion Chileno Bay recently and can answer this?

Also, after reading some responses about the Bay and Santa MAria cove being calmer..... do you think the Bay would be an okay choice for a very beginner/non-swimmer (but wearing a life jacket) person? (he did snorkel in very calm waters in aruba and did just fine over his head).

thanks for anyone's input. We are hoping to get this excursion booked asap.

We did the Chileno Bay Sail & Snorkel through HAL last March. All the cruise lines use basically the same companies there. The water was COLD, let me repeat that, COLD!! I'm not a light-weight when it comes to cold water, but 62 degrees was too cold for me and the majority of people on our 'cat'.

I've never been on a snorkel tour where they didn't provide snorkel equipment. It seems to me that Princess just didn't mention it in the description of the one tour. You can always call Princess' Shore Excursions Desk and ask them to make sure, but I would betcha they'll have it! :)

thank you for your input Lady Jag. I'm hoping the water will be much more bearable the end of October! Actually,after much discussion and because of the uncertanity of the tour... we've pretty much decided to forego the tour and donate the cost of that for the four of us and put it towards the katrina disaster fund thru the Salvation Army. Perhaps others would care to think in those terms as well...

ladylynne;)

Archived