Rest day need between parks/cruise?

heidiatmn

We're doing 4 night Bahama cruise on the dream that departs on a Monday. We're flying in Friday afternoon.

Friday-Fly in

Sat-Magic Kingdom

Sun-Head to port to hang out at hotel OR Different Disney park?

Monday-depart on cruise

We don't have much for plans in Nassau-may not even get off the ship. Traveling with hubby and 2 kids 6 and 8.

I don't want to plan too much but want to get the most out of it:) Thanks for your opinions.

Since your timelime is pretty tight I would save Disney World for another trip. Instead maybe consider a trip to Kennedy Space Center if your kids would be interested or possible and airboat ride in the Everglades.

Also, I would consider a visit to the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim when you go to Nassau. The facility is incredibly beautiful and you really do have a very intimate dolphin experience. It's a short boat ride from the pier to the island cove facility. You will motor past Atlantis on your 20 minute journey. You will never forget the feeling of two dolphins pushing you by your feet across the lagoon. My kids and wife loved it! This was one of the top experiences I've had in the ocean and I've scuba dived all over the world for over 40 years.

If you have every considered swimming with dolphins this is one of the best prices I've seen for this type of hands on experience. Also, we bought the CD picture/video package. Money well spent to capture the experience of a lifetime.

Thanks-I realize the tickets are outrageous this way but think my husband is NOT going to love Disney-I think it'd be nearly impossible to get him there more than 2 days (only getting him there with a promise of a cruise after lol). Your description of embarkation day is exactly what I was hoping for :)

Since your timelime is pretty tight I would save Disney World for another trip. Instead maybe consider a trip to Kennedy Space Center if your kids would be interested or possible and airboat ride in the Everglades.

Also, I would consider a visit to the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim when you go to Nassau. The facility is incredibly beautiful and you really do have a very intimate dolphin experience. It's a short boat ride from the pier to the island cove facility. You will motor past Atlantis on your 20 minute journey. You will never forget the feeling of two dolphins pushing you by your feet across the lagoon. My kids and wife loved it! This was one of the top experiences I've had in the ocean and I've scuba dived all over the world for over 40 years.

If you have every considered swimming with dolphins this is one of the best prices I've seen for this type of hands on experience. Also, we bought the CD picture/video package. Money well spent to capture the experience of a lifetime.

We thought about the dolphin thing but think my daughter would be too chicken so thinking we'll save that for when they're older-hoping we'll be back at SOME point:).

Given the way park tickets work, I would do 2 days in the park. You can relax in transit and on the ship..

My call would be MK day 1 and either back to MK day 2 (depending on what you did day 1) or AK or HS day 2.

Arrange a private ride to the port the next morning so you can relax on the drive (for 4 people will be economical anyway).

We always recommend WDW before resting up and ending the vacation on the 4 night Dream cruise! (Three night cruise is to short, IMHO.) Not sure where you are staying which could impact your choice of activities. We are driving in for this coming Monday's Dream cruise (2/2/15) and will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If your hubby really needs a WDW experience and with the kids, we'd recommend MK and if time, AK for max WDW affects. Personally without our kids, we spend our time in Epcot after a small "fix" in the Magic Kingdom.

If we have less than a full day before a cruise, we just relax a bit and enjoy the areas that are becoming Disney Springs.

Have a "Magical Dream cruise!"

You do need a rest day with children. You will be amazed how many exhausted overstimulated children you run into at Disney World becuase parents are trying to get their money's worth. Less is more when you have children who are younger and unable to process when they have had enough. Trust me DH will happy as well if you keep things short and sweet.

You do need a rest day with children. You will be amazed how many exhausted overstimulated children you run into at Disney World becuase parents are trying to get their money's worth. Less is more when you have children who are younger and unable to process when they have had enough. Trust me DH will happy as well if you keep things short and sweet.

This, especially with my dd.

I'd do two days in the parks, but you don't say when. Saturday in the Magic Kingdom can be extra busy if it's an already busy time. Just be forewarned. An otherwise down week can have a big Saturday crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're doing 4 night Bahama cruise on the dream that departs on a Monday. We're flying in Friday afternoon.

Friday-Fly in

Sat-Magic Kingdom

Sun-Head to port to hang out at hotel OR Different Disney park?

Monday-depart on cruise

We don't have much for plans in Nassau-may not even get off the ship. Traveling with hubby and 2 kids 6 and 8.

I don't want to plan too much but want to get the most out of it:) Thanks for your opinions.

We found the cruise part was relaxing enough to recover from the parks. No break needed in between.