Can't book drink packages...

Royalty X

My apologies if this has been covered in a separate thread. Our cruise from Fremantle to Singapore on Voyager leaves in 64 days and I've been having a look at the Cruise Planner. The only drink package that's available to purchase is the Evian Water Package. No alcoholic or non-alcoholic packages are available (they're not even showing up). Is anyone else having this trouble and does anyone know why this would be the case?

I understand from the website and others that packages are not available online for these Asia cruises until you board. There is also a suggestion that the prices are different too (cheaper?) - others with RCI experience will assist you I am sure. I too would be interested in the package prices (onboard) this year as I am on an 8 night China Japan cruise and like you have not been able to buy packages online.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130487&highlight=mariner

this is what I found... hope it helps

Edited by jerseylily

I got off the Mariner on Monday. Maybe 3wks before cruise you could book every drink package after that only water package was available.

It's easy enough to order onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I sailed on the same itinerary and ship back in March 2013, I had the same problem. Most drink packages unavailable to book. This was with the older pre-cruise planner website, mind-you. I think the only drink package that was showing up was the "Wine & Dine" one, from memory.

Seems like an odd coincidence :confused:

At the time I did reach out to Royal Caribbean (end of January, I might add). The problem? Drinks packages "incorrectly loaded into the system" requiring the IT department to investigate.

Royal Caribbean did say drinks package orders could be done via phone using 1800 754 500 (Option 2) - they initially weren't sure if the IT problem was able to be fixed in time for online planner cut-off date.

The problem with the online end for drink package orders was eventually corrected 17 days before sailing :D.

About 3wks before my cruise which was on 19 jan (this yr) i could book all drink packages that were available then it changed to onli water and a soda package.

Wen we boarded ship there were several tables around, one on the promenade where you could book drink packages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk