Ralph "Wee Jimmy" Valente is one of the BEST!

jordanaire

We just got off the Freedom last Sunday and I just wanted to say that, next to John Heald, "Wee Jimmy" is the BEST Cruise Director on the high seas! He is an absolute blast! He kept us laughing during the entire cruise, and his wit is really astounding. Some people say that the cruise director doesn't make the cruise enjoyable, but I disagree. The CD is responsible for keeping everyone happy throughout the cruise and "Wee Jimmy" does just that! We were fortunate to be on this sailing as he will be moving on to another ship. I'm not sure which ship he is moving to, but those that sail with him are in for a real treat!

:cool:Bill

Couldn't agree more! We do not participate in many activities, however, Wee Jimmy definitely made our cruise more enjoyable. He was the CD on one of our first cruises and we can't help comparing him to the CD's that followed. He's the best!! :)

Edited by MsSWhite

As I mentioned in a different thread, when I get off a ship, and I can't remember who the cruise director was, they have done an excellent job !

I usually agree, but would add the fact that I remember Wee Jimmy isn't a bad thing. He was easy to remember for all the right reason. Any other cruise I have been on, I can't remember who they were, which is fine by me.

I find it odd that any CD makes any difference to my cruise experience. For the most part activities are the same on any CCL cruise mostly run by the entertainment staff (bingo, etc.) so what does the CD do other than make 100 annoying announcements per day?

He is the one that puts all that great entertainment together. It is up to them to keep all running smooth. They do the Fun Times plus handle all those kids that are out entertaining you at Trivia & Bingo.

Most of them HATE THOSE ANNOUNCEMENTS as much as you hate hearing them.

When you have a bad one it trickles down through the whole ship.

Char

He is the one that puts all that great entertainment together. It is up to them to keep all running smooth. They do the Fun Times plus handle all those kids that are out entertaining you at Trivia & Bingo.

Most of them HATE THOSE ANNOUNCEMENTS as much as you hate hearing them.

When you have a bad one it trickles down through the whole ship.

Char

Most of that is done by the entertainment director these days. They created that position so that the cruise director's only job is to interact with guests. Wee Jimmy is one of the first cruise directors that have worked under this new system.

I had him on my Breeze cruise back in October. It was amazing how big a difference the new system makes. Previously, I had never seen the cruise director at every single "big" event around the ship and on lido. Wee Jimmy made it to so many events and made them all much more entertaining and memorable.