White Hot Party...what is it?

cowboygene

The White Hot Party is held on one night of the cruise. Everyone who comes is supposed to dress all in white. If the weather permits, it is held on the pool deck. DJ plays loud, crazy music. Everyone drinks until they can hardly stand up, let alone dance, and they usually pass out "glow stick Necklaces". It is held around 11-12 PM and is really an adult party.

On most ships, the White Hot Party is now called the Glow Party... White is no longer required, and you can get glow paint painted on your face as well... The Angel Wing costumes have been retired as well...

On Getaway, the music tended to be a bit more techno than previous cruises... It was held outside at the Spice H2O venue. It was quite windy as I recall...

On most ships, the White Hot Party is now called the Glow Party... White is no longer required, and you can get glow paint painted on your face as well... The Angel Wing costumes have been retired as well...

On Getaway, the music tended to be a bit more techno than previous cruises... It was held outside at the Spice H2O venue. It was quite windy as I recall...

Yes, the BA last year called it a Glow Party and encouraged white or day glow colors. The Gem in Sept. still called it the White Hot Party, but there was glow paint, neon lights, and I think I did still see a few Angel wings on CD staff.

Some cruises seem a bit more rowdy than others, but I've always had a good time! ImageUploadedByForums1422473888.475549.jpg.2f661741007a5d8e3f942b7d62d57803.jpg I honestly have no idea where the glow paint came from, nor did I realize we even had any on until I saw these pics.. lol..

ImageUploadedByForums1422473864.212584.jpg.75a4c3c7c7e8c848b88d9522eebd6b1d.jpg

It's about an hour of flashing lights, loud music, and cruise staff yelling through a microphone at people to get up and dance, and what a great party this is, and we are gonna party, and come on everyone dance...

Edited by LrgPizza

Do they have this party on Alaska cruises, the Pearl specifically?

Not a direct answer, but on the Jewel last August in Alaska, they had three different "glow" parties. The wild, loud adult party in Spinnakers, a kids glow party in another lounge and an acoustic set with the Show band for us folks who have unfortunately accepted the fact that we are not twenty something anymore.

It's about an hour of flashing lights, loud music, and cruise staff yelling through a microphone at people to get up and dance, and what a great party this is, and we are gonna party, and come on everyone dance...

You made it sound better than it is.

Not a direct answer, but on the Jewel last August in Alaska, they had three different "glow" parties. The wild, loud adult party in Spinnakers, a kids glow party in another lounge and an acoustic set with the Show band for us folks who have unfortunately accepted the fact that we are not twenty something anymore.

Yes, they held it in the Spinnaker Lounge when we were on the Pearl in Alaska in 2013.

Thanks for the info! I guess I will add "glow wear" to my packing list LOL

The music has shifted in the past 18 months or so... On the Gem, there was a broader range of dance music than they used on Getaway... It was not quite the same experience. It's not something that I would be concerned or upset about missing if I had something else to do that evening.. at least on Getaway.