Purchasing Bonine in San Juan

Wendylois

We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas on March 29

we are from newfoundland and they do not sell bonine or anything similar in our pharmacies.... Due to Air Canada flights we can not fly in the day before, we have to fly in the day of the cruise. Just wondering where can I purchase Bonine prior to boarding the ship or if it will be available on board. I cruised last year for the first time and I am sure I am going to require it. We do not land until around 2 pm that day so we will not have a lot of time for exploring San Juan sadly. Thanks in advance :)

While I can't tell you exactly where to get it close to the Pan Am pier, just about any pharmacy should have it. If you're taking a taxi, ask the driver to take you by the nearest CVS or Walgreen's, and they should have it. As an alternative, if you have a layover at a major U.S. airport, check some of the stores inside to see if they have some. You'll pay more, but you won't have to deal with the extra expense and time of an additional taxi stop on the way to the ship. Finally, I'd be shocked if the medical center on the ship doesn't have any for sale.

Actually a lot of ships will give you some at the guest services desk... they don't want you sea sick either.... Try some and see if you really need it. The Caribbean is so tranquil most times there is very little motion.

We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas on March 29

we are from newfoundland and they do not sell bonine or anything similar in our pharmacies.... Due to Air Canada flights we can not fly in the day before, we have to fly in the day of the cruise. Just wondering where can I purchase Bonine prior to boarding the ship or if it will be available on board. I cruised last year for the first time and I am sure I am going to require it. We do not land until around 2 pm that day so we will not have a lot of time for exploring San Juan sadly. Thanks in advance :)

Have you ever tried the seasickness patch? I have extreme motion sickness and even using Dramamine doesn't work for me, I still throw up. But my last cruise I got a prescription for the patch from my doctor and it worked perfectly! I didn't feel even remotely seasick. The only side effects from it came towards the end of the 7 days cruise (around day 5) when my vision got blurry and my throat started hurting. I took it off and my vision came back very quickly and my sore throat went away. I later learned that it's ok (and recommended) to remove them after 3 days because the medicine is still in your body and your body has also had time to acclimate to the motion of the boat. If for some reason you start to feel seasick after removing it you can put another one on.

Not sure what line you are sailing but I noticed it in the Carnival gift shops recently. Also if you are docking at the Pam Am Pier there is a CVS a couple of blocks away. Standing with the ships to your back cross the street and go left and it is down about 3 blocks.