Sensation out of Galveston

creekbaby

Hi! We have purchased airline tickets independently to NO. We may have to change them to fly into Galveston for our cruise. What is the closet airport to the Galveston port? and what means of transportation will get you to the port?

Thanks for the info! Continue praying for those folks in New Orleans. Thank goodness they didn't take a direct hit.

Thanks!!

when is your cruise?

Sensation's September 1 and September 5 voyages will depart from Galveston instead of New Orleans; itineraries remain unchanged. Guests who purchased air transportation from Carnival will receive assistance from the company's air/sea department in changing their flights. For both voyages, guests who opt to sail will receive a $50 per-person shipboard credit, as well as a 50 percent discount good toward a future three- to five-day Carnival cruise; guests who opt to cancel will receive a full refund.

If youhad insurance it should pay the difference- read the policy.

The closest is Houston. We are also scheduled for the Sensation on 9/19, so looking at that option of going to Galveston in case we are also changed. I understand they have shuttle service to the dock but really haven't investigated it enough to know the cost. Good luck

We are booked on the Sept. 1st sailing and I was flying to NO on Southwest. I just called them (on a non-refundable ticket) and they refunded my TOTAL amount of my ticket (because of an act of nature). Now, all I have to do is just drive 45 minutes to the port. Houston Hobby airport is the easiest to get from. Intercontinental is about 30 minutes farther. Good luck.

when is your cruise?

Sensation's September 1 and September 5 voyages will depart from Galveston instead of New Orleans; itineraries remain unchanged. Guests who purchased air transportation from Carnival will receive assistance from the company's air/sea department in changing their flights. For both voyages, guests who opt to sail will receive a $50 per-person shipboard credit, as well as a 50 percent discount good toward a future three- to five-day Carnival cruise; guests who opt to cancel will receive a full refund.

If youhad insurance it should pay the difference- read the policy.

Just curious - where did you find this information? I saw on the Carnival website that the cruise would be leaving out of Galveston but didn't see anything about the credit or discount.

Thanks!

Just curious - where did you find this information? I saw on the Carnival website that the cruise would be leaving out of Galveston but didn't see anything about the credit or discount.

Thanks!

Where did you see that on Carnival's website? I have looked and can't find anything related to any of this. Thanks!

Nanette

The closest Airport is Houston Hobby. About 1 hour. (The other airport is North of Houston)

We rented a car from Enterprise and returned it in Glaveston. Only 2 car rental companies served Galveston itself, and Enterprise was the cheaper.

We happened to have a family member give us a ride to the ship, but I believe Enterprise will do so.

Thanks! I have seen the cruise critic news. I was asking about the Carnival website. I haven't seen anything on their website relating to any changes.

N-

If you are registered and logged in it doesn't show. Click on the Customer Service link on the bottom right of the page. Then the weather update link.

We are booked on the Sept. 1st sailing and I was flying to NO on Southwest. I just called them (on a non-refundable ticket) and they refunded my TOTAL amount of my ticket (because of an act of nature). Now, all I have to do is just drive 45 minutes to the port. Houston Hobby airport is the easiest to get from. Intercontinental is about 30 minutes farther. Good luck.

You are lucky - Midwest Airlines did not refund our money, but the did waive their $100 fee, but we only ended up paying an additional $145 to fly into Houston.

Archived