Price aside, are the drink packages the most convenient way to get drinks?

LeCricket

We are contemplating getting a couple of the beer/wine drink packages a couple of days into our 7 night cruise on the Freedom. I think we will either break even or lose a tiny bit of money doing this, but not a significant amount. What I'm wondering is, price aside, is having the drink package more convenient for you than ordering drinks one at a time? Will I be waiting in the same line as everyone else for my drinks? Do I have to go to the bartender when I'm at the pool or can the servers that walk around process my card?

Thanks!

Cricket

Edited by LeCricket

For me I find not having the drink package better. Just get a bucket if beers and sit by the pool. With the package you can only get 1 at a time meaning you have to get up each time. If your lucky enough to have a waiter walk by they will get it for you but on our last cruise I always had to get

Simple answer is No, with a package you can still only get one drink at a time. Some bar servers even monitor the number of drinks in a certain time period, and will serve others ahead of a package holder to slow down the number of drinks consumed. :eek:

Not having to worry about how much I am spending on drinks is the biggest convenience. I have never noticed slow service but, like William, I always tip a little extra and chat with the bartenders and servers about their homeland. Gets me GREAT service!

I've purchased the drink package twice and I've loved it. The bartender in the main dining room always had my drink waiting for me when I showed up for dinner. Bartenders at the other bars never gave me bad service. And I never had to sign any receipts. I think it's well worth the money if you can afford it.