Valor Review January 18 to 25

rum n coke

Nice video. Looking forward to the rest of your review. We'll be doing this itinerary for the second time in May on the Liberty. I might have to do a video in my next review. Nice way to get a quick snap of your trip. Thanks for taking the time to do a review.

Get ready for a party and non stop GO GO GO and you will love it!

I guess your name, "rum n coke" indicates that you are most definitely one of the "GO GO GO" partiers?? And since you have so few posts, I wonder about your credibility. We were on the same sailing and have quite a different perspective than you. Yes, the catamaran tours, otherwise known as the "booze cruises" would be a drinking party atmoshphere, but our tours and our time spent on the ship did not nearly resemble your perspective. To other folks on the last few months that Valor will be in San Juan, remember, the cruise is what you make of it, and it was certainly not a "GO GO GO" constant party drunken atmosphere to us at all. And if it add any more credibility to our perspective, we are older folks and we met many others just like us on this cruise. There was a good mix of ages on our sailing. Hope all of you have as fun a time on Valor as we did.

What was embarkation like? I've never cruised out of San Jaun, only Florida. Do you give your luggage to porters outside and then just take your carry on, or do you take everything with you through the check in process and then the porters take the bags?

What was embarkation like? I've never cruised out of San Jaun, only Florida. Do you give your luggage to porters outside and then just take your carry on, or do you take everything with you through the check in process and then the porters take the bags?

you give your luggage to porters outside and then just take your carry on

We dropped our bags with the porters and were SO glad we did. Once you get inside, there are stairs/escalators to get up to the check-in area. I am sure there is an elevator somewhere, but I am really glad I wasn't trying to juggle anything more than my carry-on.

I did this cruise last year and am repeating the itinerary on the Liberty in May of 2015. We had a great time and hope to have a great time again. However, my experience was pretty similar to that of Rum N Coke.

There were lots of super relaxed people on our sailing and many of us were off the ship early each morning, so we weren't partying til 4 am or acting like fools. We were in bed by 1:30 (usually earlier) and usually took some sort of nap after coming back from each port. Since my sailing was not full, I expected a pretty calm cruise.

Wrong! We had some serious partiers that impacted several of our experiences on a level that I have never experienced on any cruise. There were at least two all-out fights, one of which was in the lounge during the late-night comedy, so we were all trapped as a captive audience while they threw down. Security was removing people and the whole nine yards. The comedian didn't quite recover and it happened again the next night at a bar. It appeared that there were some brawlers (female and male) that had a temper when mixed with alcohol. We heard them multiple times screaming at night as well.

Did it ruin my cruise? Absolutely not. Were there people partying harder and having louder disagreements (including two fights) than I have seen before? Yup

I was really surprised that the ship didn't put a stop to it, but it had very little impact on my cruising experience. It didn't make me want to scream from the rooftops but it was annoying. We are in our 30's but these people were significantly younger than us and out of control. Other members of the role call that stayed up later than us said that they saw the same thing in the "clubs" but that wasn't our thing during this cruise.