Getaway- Booking Restaurants

TavelRN

Which is the hardest restaurant to book, and which is the easiest (of the for fee)? I am only 3 days away from my 90 day window, and want to make sure that I book the hard to get ones first.

Teppenyaki usually the hardest to get reservations for.

There is absolutely no need to panic about booking though. Whilst it is possible that some things may book up before you sail, there is no great Disney like rush 90 days out. Bookings have now been open for about 30 days on our Easter sailing (which will be extremely busy) and other than Teppenyaki at a couple of specific times, there seems to be availability everywhere at all times currently. I don't expect that to change much, if at all, before sailing.

Can you not go online in your account and get a reservation there? We are new to this as well, but our cruise doesn't start until July on the Getaway. If it does, when can you usually go out and make reservations to the specialty restaurants.

You can. But reservations do not open until 90 days before sailing. Unless you have a suite, I which I believe, they are open 100 days before..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I assume you are still talking about restaurants and not shows.

If so then you don't need to state the people who will be going. You just reserve for the number of people who will be with you, even if it is for more than are in your room.

With shows you need to specify the people, but as it is open seating it doesn't matter if you all book separately.

Teppanyaki always fills up at peak hours, so if that is on your to-do list I would book in advance. The Italian restaurant seems to be the least popular. On the Getaway there are touch screens around the ship where you can view availability and book restaurants/shows. Personally I wouldn't worry too much and just see what you're in the mood for onboard unless there is a certain meal or certain date you want to have plans for. We didn't run into any problems getting a meal where/when we wanted on the Getaway in April and could base it on the day's activities.