Singapore - Videos of my country that I made

Iluvcruising2

We will be first-time visitors to Singapore - staying at the Intercontinental 3 days in March. We will try to visit as many places (botanical gardens, museums, zoo, etc.) as possible. We'd also appreciate suggestions about things to do in walking distance of the hotel.

Somewhere we read about fabrics (I think sarongs were mentioned as well.) sold by vendors on the street. Do know where those might be?

Thank you for your beautiful videos.

Hello!

There is plenty to see near the Hotel Intercontinental (which is connected to the mall called Bugis Junction).

For fabrics, check out Arab street. This street is about an 800M walk from your hotel.

http://www.footprinttravelguides.com/asia/singapore/arab-street/

Here is another link on what to buy/see near your hotel.

http://www.singapore-guide.com/singapore-shopping/bugis-and-kampong-glam-shopping.htm#

Hello!

There is plenty to see near the Hotel Intercontinental (which is connected to the mall called Bugis Junction).

For fabrics, check out Arab street. This street is about an 800M walk from your hotel.

http://www.footprinttravelguides.com/asia/singapore/arab-street/

Here is another link on what to buy/see near your hotel.

http://www.singapore-guide.com/singapore-shopping/bugis-and-kampong-glam-shopping.htm#

Great informations! Loved the shopping information for local crafts, fabrics, etc.

It's also good to see so many places within walking distance of our hotel.

Thanks for sharing!

Great informations! Loved the shopping information for local crafts, fabrics, etc.

It's also good to see so many places within walking distance of our hotel.

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you found the info useful. There are more places nearby because Bugis is very central. You could walk all the way to City Hall area too. (or take the MRT, one stop)

This is a funny video. Well maybe not so funny if you have to clear up the mess. The context is Chinese New year celebrations. This office must have gotten a lion dance troupe to come to dancing in the office, to give it 'good luck'. They put something on the ceiling for the lion dance troupe to retrieve (usually the ang pow, which contains money for the lion).

Then disaster strikes....

[YOUTUBE]dv9BEsXnl9w[/YOUTUBE]

V Log covering some food I had in the past few days.

[YOUTUBE]UcokDS9jwUk[/YOUTUBE]

Orchard ION Mall, I managed to see some works by Salvador Dali. I like his bendy time piece.

[YOUTUBE]F3A4pfxzC2I[/YOUTUBE]

Also at Orchard ION, this is the Nespresso Boutique in Singapore. Went to buy some more coffee pods and tried some limited edition coffee, which wasn't bad.

[YOUTUBE]lQA2jLkmfMc[/YOUTUBE]

In this video, I show you the lobby of Pan pacific Hotel. Then I take a walk to the Esplanade MRT station. Takes about 15 minutes.

[YOUTUBE]gAXTI2UaE2I[/YOUTUBE]

We'll be staying 4 nights at the Pan Pacific in March, thanks to Azamara shortening our cruise to rush the ship into drydock, so I will try to add some still photos when we return.

What are your thoughts on the Singapore zoo? (I sent you an email as well)

We'll be staying 4 nights at the Pan Pacific in March, thanks to Azamara shortening our cruise to rush the ship into drydock, so I will try to add some still photos when we return.

What are your thoughts on the Singapore zoo? (I sent you an email as well)

The Singapore Zoo and Night Safari are worth doing once! They now have the River Safari as well. Website - http://www.zoo.com.sg/

In fact, that entire area is going to be delivered into a huge eco-park of sorts.

The only downside is that the weather can get a bit warm and humid, so wear loose clothes, bring a cap, bring water, and be prepared for a good walk!

Singapore Airlines has just taken delivery of her first Airbus A350 aircraft, with many more to come. Based on current orders, SIA will be the largest operator of the Airbus A350, when all her orders are delivered. This is some coverage in the local press.

[YOUTUBE]V2msH4-ZMHc[/YOUTUBE]

More videos.

On food, this dish is called Hor Fun. I enjoyed this for supper at a local coffee shop. It is rice noodles.

[YOUTUBE]z8_27TkiBII[/YOUTUBE]

Having breakfast at the Ghim Moh food center, which has been recently renovated. Cooked food hawker centers - one of our national treasures.

[YOUTUBE]x5u7zGOxSBg[/YOUTUBE]

This is a traditional bakery called Ng Kim Lee, located right opposite one entrance to the new Beauty World Downtown line station. Yummy cakes.

[YOUTUBE]X6zM40N_k6A[/YOUTUBE]

This restaurant is called SPIZE casual dining at the new Temasek Club along Rifle Range road. Good food at reasonable prices.

[YOUTUBE]i6XOuGx2d-w[/YOUTUBE]

Had a chance to attend an outreach event of the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, of the National University of Singapore. This event was for kids, and called 'Make a musical friend'. They introduce the various sections of an orchestra and then play the Harry Potter theme. Good fun.

Here are some videos.

Woodwinds Part 1 Let's Make A Musical Friend

[YOUTUBE]b0HNU9tVo_g[/YOUTUBE]

Brass Part 2 Let's Make A Musical Friend

[YOUTUBE]YIuI8hgeEIU[/YOUTUBE]

Strings Part 3 Let's Make A Musical Friend

Percussion Part 4 Let's Make A Musical Friend

[YOUTUBE]eh665KGHjQc[/YOUTUBE]

Harry Potter Theme Part 5 Let's Make A Musical Friend

[YOUTUBE]L9S7-zOc8vI[/YOUTUBE]

Woodwinds Sections Let's Make A Musical Friend

[YOUTUBE]lAqxAh3uBTE[/YOUTUBE]

Care for some chicken rice?

[YOUTUBE]M7F6hNiVB_U[/YOUTUBE]

What about some Tori Q - japanese inspired, teriyaki chicken.

[YOUTUBE]pCBhAnaj9OA[/YOUTUBE]

And this is chicken curry. A local favourite. Not the healthiest of dishes but it tastes so good!

[YOUTUBE]HdbyjlomBIQ[/YOUTUBE]

Can you give advice on other hotels in Singapore? Thanks, Kris V

Hey KrisVilla,

Singapore has a huge range of hotels - from budget through to super luxurious. What's important to you when you look at a hotel? Price? Location? Swimming pool? Included breakfast, 'free' wifi or loyalty points? Do you want to stay in the shopping district, cultural precinct or around Marina Bay? Do you walk a lot and like to use public transport or do you prefer taxis?

You will get so many different opinions - and they all will be fabulous places to stay - so good luck!!

I'll get the ball rolling and say have a look at the Rendezvous Hotel on Bras Basah Rd. Medium Priced, great location, close to public transport and good service.

Have a great visit to Singapore :D

Edited by wangeling gal

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this thread in a while. Here are some more videos recently made.

Pre world war 2 machine gun pillbox along Pasir Panjang Road.

[YOUTUBE]hDNwSh094EQ[/YOUTUBE]

Taken from outside Goodwood Park Hotel, at the start of Scotts Road.

[YOUTUBE]Yt4Nn1CfHPE[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2 of the above video.

[YOUTUBE]8UMnoaZinu4[/YOUTUBE]

This was an a la carte buffet dinner at a local Japanese restaurant. Very good.

[YOUTUBE]IRcNyYspV7M[/YOUTUBE]