Enchantment Room question

We are looking at Enchantment for next spring to Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

We are trying to choose between Category H and G Oceanview.

Anyone know the difference?

Also,all they are showing available are ones in the 4500 range which are where the ship starts to narrow at the front toward the bow.

Any thoughts on these rooms or Enchantment in general?

Thanks for all the great info you all provide!

We just returned from the Enchantment and although I don't know about the cabins you mentioned I do have a couple of comments. We were on the ship four years ago and I really like the changes now that she has been stretched. We met people who were in the new section on a lower deck and they had to change cabins because the insulation process had not been finished and there was too much noise from the public rooms above them. Our cabin was not a new one, but was on a higher deck. It was near the elavators which were not a problem. The noise that bothered us was from the music in the Centrum which did not end until around 12:30 each night. The sound traveled up the Centrum as though it was a giant funnel. We had great weather and although I had heard horror stories about sailing out of Philadelphia, we found that everything was extremely well run. Ours was the last cruise out of there, but there sure had everything under control for us.

We were on Enchantment in August, Deck 2 all the way forward (we booked late). All of the oceanview rooms are about the same size. Being forward didn't bother me, but being on Deck 2 did -- it was very noisy, especially when the ship docked or anchored early in the morning. I think the machinery and equipment was right under our room. If you can choose to be on a higher deck, go for it. Deck 4 is probably fine.

I too was in the front of the ship. We had 7016 which was all the way forward with one more cabin to go in the hallway. The location was great and no noise at all. Except for the anchor in Grand Cayman. You will love the ship. Go for it.

Archived