Exchange rate! - Canadians

ilovetotravel1977

So My agent finally got through to NCL to ask about a recent price drop. They are telling her the price has gone up significantly with the recent exchange rate (US = CDN). My trip ended up being a few hundred dollars more!

Anyways, on the heels of this news, I just called NCL and prepaid my grats at $180 CDN and bought $150US OBC for $161 CDN.

Who knows if they will up the exchange on OBC/grats, but I'm not waiting to find out. I already have the UBP included so that is great, but if you plan on eating at the restaurants or doing any shopping, you may want to buy the OBC now, and not wait until you sail.

Anyways, on the heels of this news, I just called NCL and prepaid my grats at $180 CDN and bought $150US OBC for $161 CDN.

That is equivalent to $1.073 ... very good rate. I read somewhere in the RCI board and they are going with market now which is about $1.26 even for buying OBC. Ouch! :eek:

Weird... I purchased OBC's online two days ago and paid 16% on the exchange, which was the same exchange rate that I paid on my booking. Don't get me wrong, 16% is a whole lot better than the 28% the bank is giving, but I'd love to get the extra 9% benefit that you received.

Weird... I purchased OBC's online two days ago and paid 16% on the exchange, which was the same exchange rate that I paid on my booking. Don't get me wrong, 16% is a whole lot better than the 28% the bank is giving, but I'd love to get the extra 9% benefit that you received.

I am checking with my PCC now and waiting for reply. But when I booked our 2016 cruise just a couple of weeks ago (before BofC lowered interest rate), we locked in @ $1.075 so no complaint there.

my son prepaid id DSC and bought OBC. He paid 1.075 exchange rate.

So My agent finally got through to NCL to ask about a recent price drop. They are telling her the price has gone up significantly with the recent exchange rate (US = CDN). My trip ended up being a few hundred dollars more!

I didn't realize NCL had an option to pay in CDN. Had you already paid for the cruise and are now topping up your OBC, or was this in conjunction with a future cruise?

Related, is there a different phone number for Canadians to contact NCL to get that rate? We're going on the Jewel in March and would love to pre-pay for OBC at those rates.

I didn't realize NCL had an option to pay in CDN. Had you already paid for the cruise and are now topping up your OBC, or was this in conjunction with a future cruise?

Related, is there a different phone number for Canadians to contact NCL to get that rate? We're going on the Jewel in March and would love to pre-pay for OBC at those rates.

I've already paid my final payment. I just did this so that I wouldn't have to spend more much on American money.

When you add the OBC certificates to your cart, it shows the Canadian value as well. I ended up calling because I kept getting an error on the payment page. I called 1-866-234-7350 and just did it over the phone.

As for your final amount once charged to your credit card, I don't know yet. I'll know tomorrow, but it will will be way better than buying money from the banks!

Edited by ilovetotravel1977
more information needed

When buying those OBC on ncl website, don't you get charged in us dollars, so the exchange rate will be the rate from your credit card?

You see the rate in USD if you pay in USD. I called yesterday and changed my Breakaway cruise to CDN and saved $$$ with NCL's exchange rate. :D Now I can see the OBC for sale in CDN.

I originally booked in USD but with our dollar dropping I decided to price it in CDN and NCL has a great rate. I just called my PVP and he was able to make the change.

We got our whole trip locked in at the 1.075 NCL rate $2113 US = $2272 CDN.

Soooo happy about that as a rep for NCL told my agent that our trip is now $2500+ CDN! yikes!

Great rate! Wish I had thought to pay in CDN when I booked. Now my Epic cruise has gone up so much it is cheaper to keep it in USD...

PS: I am from NS too but just moved to ON :)

You see the rate in USD if you pay in USD. I called yesterday and changed my Breakaway cruise to CDN and saved $$$ with NCL's exchange rate. :D Now I can see the OBC for sale in CDN.

I originally booked in USD but with our dollar dropping I decided to price it in CDN and NCL has a great rate. I just called my PVP and he was able to make the change.

Hi, could you tell me how it works, I have not booked yet , I am interested in Mar 2015 sailing, will they offer me the same rate is i book now ?

Thanks for your help.

Rachel

Hi, could you tell me how it works, I have not booked yet , I am interested in Mar 2015 sailing, will they offer me the same rate is i book now ?

Thanks for your help.

Rachel

The rate is from the day you book. Just ask for the price in CDN. Right now it is a much better rate than the going rate but the rep said it could change at any time. He did say it was raised about 3 weeks ago to it's current rate.

When buying those OBC on ncl website, don't you get charged in us dollars, so the exchange rate will be the rate from your credit card?

if you paid for your cruise CDN$ then the charges on NCL web site will appear in CDN$.

Well, I've just called NCL and the lady told me that they cannot change the price of my account to see those price in CAD dollars

I don't understand how everybody did make the change.

When I initially booked th cruise, I asked NCL to give me price in $ CAD. From that point onward, the booking is in $ CAD shown in invoice. Can't do online. Has to call them.

Well, I've just called NCL and the lady told me that they cannot change the price of my account to see those price in CAD dollars

I don't understand how everybody did make the change.

Are you booked within American TA? I had to cancel my booking with mine, rebook on my own to get my cruise fare CDN dollars.

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

Edited by soccersharon