Which S. Caribbean itinerary would be best?????

Ksimpson76

Trying to figure out which Southern Caribbean itinerary would be best to take next year. My wife and I love to scuba dive, snorkel and sail. These are all pretty close in price and all 11 day cruises but have a few different stops. NEED HELP.

Sails to: St. Croix; St. Maarten, NA; Dominica; Grenada; Bonaire; Aruba; Curacao; Miami, FL

Finish: Miami, FL

Sails to: Grand Turk; Aruba; Bonaire; St Kitts, WI; Antigua; St. Maarten, NA; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Finish: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sails to: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Aruba; Bonaire; Grenada; Martinique; St. Maarten, NA; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Finish: San Juan, Puerto Rico

I can tell you that there is very little in Martinique unless you speak French or go with limited ship tours. The only dive shop in the port went bankrupt last Fall.

Diving in Curaçao is far better than Aruba. Always choose Curacao- Curious2Dive there is fantastic & will pick you up at the docks. Definitely concierge diving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the southern Caribbean I have been diving on cruises in Aruba. Bonaire, Curaçao and Dominica.

Personally I thought Dominica was the best of the four.

Dominica's coral seemed to be in great shape. I saw lots of spotted eels in the coral quite bit of small things like fire worms. The two dive sites I dove there were L'Abym and Champagne, volcanic gases bubbling out of the bottom.

In Aruba and Curaçao I thought the coral was not in great shape. Bonaire did not impress me but I like BIG coral and walls.

Your mileage may vary and your tastes may be different.

For the most part I have not had a bad dive in the Caribbean, warm clear water with pretty coral and fish, because my home diving is in Minnesota in a Dy suit and low vis and COLD water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying to figure out which Southern Caribbean itinerary would be best to take next year. My wife and I love to scuba dive, snorkel and sail. These are all pretty close in price and all 11 day cruises but have a few different stops. NEED HELP.

Sails to: St. Croix; St. Maarten, NA; Dominica; Grenada; Bonaire; Aruba; Curacao; Miami, FL

Finish: Miami, FL

Because of the four marked in BOLD above which would offer the best snorkeling and scuba dives.

LuLu

• 4 weeks later...

Tough call! They all offer good scuba potential, providing you are in port long enough to arrange the diving.

I would say option 1 out of San Juan simply because you have 7 potential scuba ports, and they all offer pretty descent diving. You've got 6 out of New Orleans and 5 out of Galveston. Forget Martinique. I had no luck trying to arrange scuba on that island.

Also depends on whether you are diving with the ship or arranging our own diving. I would chose the PR departure. Except for St Croix, we have dove all those islands. They all offer good diving.

• 3 weeks later...
have you looked at carnival sunshine feb 21st 2016 from port canaveral? 13 day, 8 stops.. very unusual itinerary.

That one is interesting, but I think I really want Bonaire in the itinerary. I have heard great things about dinving there.