Havana Cabana Q

fuddrules

Are there any other rooms on a Carnival ship that has this restriction?

Havana Cabana Staterooms: Please note that children must be 12 years of age or older in order to cruise in a Havana Cabana stateroom

Hi

where did you see this information

I have booked this category and we are bringing my then 8 year old son and they never questioned or denied our reservation.

I think this may be false information.

Bon Voyage

Djp

When I first heard about the age restriction it seemed to be linked to use of the Havana Pool area not the cabin.

I guess time will tell.... 😕

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like it is any with a lanai... The interiors don't have that restriction. Fascinating.

According to Carnival facebook and all the information I have had from Carnival the restriction is for all cabins in the Havana area the minimum booking age is 12

from Carnival

Good morning Mr. Burton,

This is in reference to your sailing on the Carnival Vista August 26, 2016, we have been informed that the Havana cabins on the Vista cannot have anyone booked in them that is 11 years old or under, regardless if they are with their parents in the same cabin or not for the following reason, “this is because we are creating more tailored accommodation options specific to the needs of our guests. The Havana cabins and experience is designed to be a place where guests can relax and recharge in a more intimate and private setting and the 12 years and older age requirement will enable us to sustain the desired atmosphere.”

For this reason we are contacting you to let you know that we have upgraded your cabins to two of our Ocean Suite cabins 7375 & 7377 as complimentary upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your family.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Regards,

According to Carnival facebook and all the information I have had from Carnival the restriction is for all cabins in the Havana area the minimum booking age is 12

from Carnival

Good morning Mr. Burton,

This is in reference to your sailing on the Carnival Vista August 26, 2016, we have been informed that the Havana cabins on the Vista cannot have anyone booked in them that is 11 years old or under, regardless if they are with their parents in the same cabin or not for the following reason, “this is because we are creating more tailored accommodation options specific to the needs of our guests. The Havana cabins and experience is designed to be a place where guests can relax and recharge in a more intimate and private setting and the 12 years and older age requirement will enable us to sustain the desired atmosphere.”

For this reason we are contacting you to let you know that we have upgraded your cabins to two of our Ocean Suite cabins 7375 & 7377 as complimentary upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your family.

Regards,

Interesting.....

Nomad.

I just called to verify that this is true, and it most certainly is. I asked to be moved from my Havana Cabana cabin to a suite ( based on your offer), and they would not do it. They only offered me another balcony which would have been a down grade as I paid a premium for the cabana room. Seeing that you got an inside room upgraded to a suite as a first time cruiser. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request.

Needless to say, I canceled our entire cruise. It's a shame that they can't take care of a Platinum cruiser. There are other lines that cruise the Medditeranian and I'm platinum with them too.

Bon Voyage Carnival. Very dissatisfied!

Djp

Nomad.

I just called to verify that this is true, and it most certainly is. I asked to be moved from my Havana Cabana cabin to a suite ( based on your offer), and they would not do it. They only offered me another balcony which would have been a down grade as I paid a premium for the cabana room. Seeing that you got an inside room upgraded to a suite as a first time cruiser. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request.

Needless to say, I canceled our entire cruise. It's a shame that they can't take care of a Platinum cruiser. There are other lines that cruise the Medditeranian and I'm platinum with them too.

Djp

I completely understand how you feel this is quite lousy of Carnival to do this to you.

I have seen this happen before with other lines where they US customers are not treated as well when things go wrong because the safe guards are not in place like the UK.

I know another UK family that have posted on here they had an Havana inside and was upgraded to a harbour balcony it was not unreasonable of you to request a suite upgrade

Pixelate posted up the email for Vicky Rey (VP of Guest Services). vrey@carnival.com might be worth firing off an email to her about how dissatisfied you are with Carnivals customer service.

Nomad.

Djp

As per the cruise ticket contract, you wouldn't have been downgraded to a regular balcony, unless you took their offer without any prior consideration to knowing what you're entitled to. You would have been upgraded to a suite. Unfortunately, you would have needed for your booking details to become noticed before action would be training. This tends to be from misinformation and a lack of training observed throughout the call center.

Edited by Pixelate

from Carnival

Good morning Mr. Burton,

Regards,

Thanks. That's very interesting...

Update!

I had written an email regarding this issue to Ms Vicki Rey (VP of Guest Services) yesterday and received a phone call today from her office. They have moved us to an Ocean Suite.

My faith in Carnival and their customer service has been restored

Bon Voyage

Djp

Update!

I had written an email regarding this issue to Ms Vicki Rey (VP of Guest Services) yesterday and received a phone call today from her office. They have moved us to an Ocean Suite.

My faith in Carnival and their customer service has been restored

Bon Voyage

Djp

Good news!!

Well we've been moved back into our interior Havana cabin, so who knows what's gong on!! Our kids will both be under 12. I have just sent an email to my TA.

Wonder if we are back to the interiors not being restricted? Odd.

Well we've been moved back into our interior Havana cabin, so who knows what's gong on!! Our kids will both be under 12. I have just sent an email to my TA.

hi

how did you find out you've been moved back was it a phone call or an email?

Just out of curiosity how old are your kids?

Damon

hi

how did you find out you've been moved back was it a phone call or an email?

Just out of curiosity how old are your kids?

Damon

I found out by looking at cabin availability and found the one they had updgraded me to was available again. I then logged in to my Carnival account and found I was back in the interior.

Anyway the TA called Carnival who said it was an IT glitch and they have put us back in the balcony cabin. I'll be keeping an eye on the account to make sure it doesn't change again!

I found out by looking at cabin availability and found the one they had updgraded me to was available again. I then logged in to my Carnival account and found I was back in the interior.

Anyway the TA called Carnival who said it was an IT glitch and they have put us back in the balcony cabin. I'll be keeping an eye on the account to make sure it doesn't change again!

Just off the phone with Carnival and they are definitely having major problems at the moment with bookings in the Havana cabins

I suggested a different solution to what was offered which was better for us.

The solution I suggested to Carnival was 1 Family Harbour Suite and 1 Family Harbour connecting Balcony. They said these cabins had a minimum occupancy of 4 in each room but they would waiver that as we had been messed around, this is actually cheaper for Carnival than their offer and gives us access to exclusive 24-hour spot with breakfast, snacks during the day, concierge service… plus Hasbro board games, family movies, video games and more. The benefits don’t end there — your kids eat free in most premium onboard restaurants and get a free evening of Night Owls babysitting service. Link below

http://cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/...l%20Vista.html

Not the best result but a satisfactory compromise

Just off the phone with Carnival and they are definitely having major problems at the moment with bookings in the Havana cabins

I suggested a different solution to what was offered which was better for us.

The solution I suggested to Carnival was 1 Family Harbour Suite and 1 Family Harbour connecting Balcony. They said these cabins had a minimum occupancy of 4 in each room but they would waiver that as we had been messed around, this is actually cheaper for Carnival than their offer and gives us access to exclusive 24-hour spot with breakfast, snacks during the day, concierge service… plus Hasbro board games, family movies, video games and more. The benefits don’t end there — your kids eat free in most premium onboard restaurants and get a free evening of Night Owls babysitting service. Link below

http://cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/...l%20Vista.html

Not the best result but a satisfactory compromise

Certainly sounds like they are having problems. Although disappointing not to have the Havana cabin, the upgrade to family harbor balcony is a good one for us. Glad you have managed to agree a reasonable alternative with them :)