Tell me about these ?spa? pools?

mitsugirly

I was browsing around the boards about a week ago, trying to find picture reviews of some ships I'm considering booking, and ran across someone mentioning the "spa pool"??? I can't find the thread I found on it and was wanting some clarification on this.

I'm honestly not sure what they are called or considered, but it was mentioned that most people do not know about them, they are free, and usually around the work-out or spa room?

I'm talking about the ones that look like this:

2s_spa_pool8.jpg

splendorspa2.jpg?w=300

Can anyone tell me about them? Do they have them on all the ships? If not, what ships are they located on?

Are they really "free" to use? Or do you have to have a spa pass? I hear they are hard to find, which makes me wonder if you are really aloud to use them without a spa pass or something. :confused:

They are free on Spirit and Conquest class ships, but aren't available on all Conquest class ships as some had been removed. On Splendor, Dream and possibly Vista classes (press release states one is available but isn't on the deck plan so), you must be staying in a Cloud 9 Spa stateroom or purchase a spa pass to use the pool. If you're in a Cloud 9 Spa stateroom, you're limited to wristbands for the first two passengers in the stateroom.

Edit: Spirit class is only a hot tub. Conquest class is both. Splendor, Dream and possibly Vista only have a thalassotherapy pool.

Edited by Pixelate

They call it the "thermal suite" and you do have to pay extra to use it. You can buy daily passes, or the week at a discount if you think you'll use it a lot. The pool is "thalossotherapy" so it has minerals and such in it. It's very relaxing. On the Splendor, they also had those heated ceramic beds you could lay on. Also several dry, wet, steam and sauna rooms. I bought the week pass and honestly went just about every day! :D

The thermal suite day pass is $20 and a weekly pass for 7 days is $99. If you purchase a spa cabin then it is free for 2 people. We had spa cabins on the Magic. One cabin had 4 people in it. Two got the spa included and the other two bought weekly passes. If you do a search for Carnival Cloud 9 Spa you will find all kinds of pictures and information. There are some helpful videos on Youtube too.

The Thalassotherapy pool is really nice and relaxing. It is like a big hot tub but the water is ionized. You must be 18 years or older to use.

The thermal suite day pass is $20 and a weekly pass for 7 days is $99. If you purchase a spa cabin then it is free for 2 people. We had spa cabins on the Magic. One cabin had 4 people in it. Two got the spa included and the other two bought weekly passes. If you do a search for Carnival Cloud 9 Spa you will find all kinds of pictures and information. There are some helpful videos on Youtube too.

The Thalassotherapy pool is really nice and relaxing. It is like a big hot tub but the water is ionized. You must be 18 years or older to use.

Thank you for the information. I'm really not sure I would be willling to pay an extra $200 (me and the hubby) for a spa pass just to use this "pool/hot tub" area.

What else comes with the spa pass?

I will definitely google Cloud 9 and see what I can come up with and also youtube.

Do you know if the Glory, Conquest, Valor or Magic have these?

Thank you for the information. I'm really not sure I would be willling to pay an extra $200 (me and the hubby) for a spa pass just to use this "pool/hot tub" area.

What else comes with the spa pass?

I will definitely google Cloud 9 and see what I can come up with and also youtube.

Do you know if the Glory, Conquest, Valor or Magic have these?

Magic, Splendor, Breeze and Sunshine (I think) have the cloud 9 SPA. The price might have gone up since it is now $40 for a day, if they sell them, and $149 for a week but they are limited quantities. Sometimes it is less than $300 to upgrade to a spa cabin and then you get those amenities included plus a nicer robe, slippers, and a scrub. Plus the spa rooms have some of the products in the room as week and a different decor.

You also get access to special steam/sauna rooms with relaxation chairs.

The first picture you had looked like the Freedom which was included without an extra fee but I never used it

Edited by cruisecraze96

Magic, Splendor, Breeze and Sunshine (I think) have the cloud 9 SPA. The price might have gone up since it is now $40 for a day, if they sell them, and $149 for a week but they are limited quantities. Sometimes it is less than $300 to upgrade to a spa cabin and then you get those amenities included plus a nicer robe, slippers, and a scrub. Plus the spa rooms have some of the products in the room as week and a different decor.

The first picture you had looked like the Freedom which was included without an extra fee but I never used it

The one pictured represents the Carnival Glory, even if it is no longer on the Glory.

On the Sunshine, it isn't worth the price as there is no thalassotherapy pool.

Consider booking a cruise in an inside Cloud 9 cabin where it's available. You'd have all Spa access - that pool and steam rooms, etc.

I just looked at the prices of a spa room and there's absolutely no way I would book it at that price, not even if I made $100/hr. It's just a ridiculous price. YIKES! :eek:

That may be what I read. I know someone said it was free. Maybe that's the only one they have like that? If so, I wonder why it's free on that ship and not another. :confused:

Consider booking a cruise in an inside Cloud 9 cabin where it's available. You'd have all Spa access - that pool and steam rooms, etc.

How can you find an inside Cloud 9 cabin? I have never seen that when searching. :confused: Are they only certain ships?

We did 5 cruises on rthe Splendor when she was in Long Beach. Always got a Spa room. Literally would spend 2+ hours a day there. The thassilo therapy pool is great. Would fall asleep in the "tepiderium" on the heated tile lounges. I really miss that ship.

Can you tell me just what is so good about this Thalassotherapy pool?

I had never heard of one before and when I looked up the meaning it said it was a salt water pool? Usually the regular pools are salt water and of course so is the beach...so what's the difference and the benefit? Maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

I can only imagine how nice it is in there. But for the added price to buy the week pass, it just wouldn't be worth it to us. We spend "maybe" 1 or 2 days at the pool on a cruise and "maybe" 1 time in the hot tub. I can actually say we haven't been in the hot tub on our last...probably...gosh, 6 cruises??? :p So it's not like I would be missing it. But they just looked really nice and something I wanted to experience once. Maybe just a day pass would work. But even at $40 a day ($80 for both of us), that's kinda pushing it for something we would probably only use for a couple of hours.

I can only imagine how nice it is in there. But for the added price to buy the week pass, it just wouldn't be worth it to us. We spend "maybe" 1 or 2 days at the pool on a cruise and "maybe" 1 time in the hot tub. I can actually say we haven't been in the hot tub on our last...probably...gosh, 6 cruises??? :p So it's not like I would be missing it. But they just looked really nice and something I wanted to experience once. Maybe just a day pass would work. But even at $40 a day ($80 for both of us), that's kinda pushing it for something we would probably only use for a couple of hours.

Mitsugirly, the best thing is way less crowded than outside Jacuzzi, large streams you can stand under with shoulders etc and lounge type seating you can stretch out on. Whole different experience.

cloud-9-spa-thalassotherapy-pool-1.jpg

cloud-9-spa-thermal-suite-1.jpg

Edited by emt4fire1951

Can you tell me just what is so good about this Thalassotherapy pool?

I had never heard of one before and when I looked up the meaning it said it was a salt water pool?

Usually the regular pools are salt water and of course so is the beach...so what's the difference and the benefit?

Maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

Hi Mitsugirly :)

The Thalassotherapy pools have a special formulation ocean water rich with trace elements and vitamins.

Your body soaks in ionized water at a temperature of 91°F.

The Thalassotherapy Pool alleviates arthritic pain, soothes sore muscles and offers relief for sport injuries.

The Thalassotherapy Pool has a series of hydro-jets specifically designed to work on a specific area of the body.

Thalassotherapy pools are a fun way to detoxify and a great way to unwind and revitalize.

The pool is covered by a glass dome.

The Thalassotherapy Pools are located on the Breeze, Splendor, Dream, Magic & will be on the Vista as well.

Info located @:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/DR_Cloud9Spa.htm

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Keep an eye on the Spa rooms. They are just like any thing else in cruising where their prices rice and fall with demand. I stayed in one on the Magic a few years ago and my wife and spent hours on the cruise in there. That being said we barely missed it the next time on the Magic. We have booked a spa suite this time around and are definitely looking forward to the access again.

I was browsing around the boards about a week ago, trying to find picture reviews of some ships I'm considering booking, and ran across someone mentioning the "spa pool"??? I can't find the thread I found on it and was wanting some clarification on this.

I'm honestly not sure what they are called or considered, but it was mentioned that most people do not know about them, they are free, and usually around the work-out or spa room?

I'm talking about the ones that look like this:

2s_spa_pool8.jpg

splendorspa2.jpg?w=300

Can anyone tell me about them? Do they have them on all the ships? If not, what ships are they located on?

Are they really "free" to use? Or do you have to have a spa pass? I hear they are hard to find, which makes me wonder if you are really aloud to use them without a spa pass or something. :confused:

I don't know about the first 2 pics but the third is a Hydrotherapy Pool in the Spa area. It is free if you are booked in a Spa Cabin. If you are not booked in one you can buy a pass. Just remember there are only so many passes sold.

I realize the Cloud 9 spa (like anything else in life) is not for everyone...that said, my best friend and I have have now enjoyed it on 3 sailings and will again in October. We initially discovered it on the Splendor when a spa balcony cabin was reduced to the same price as our standard balcony cabin, so we moved. We were hooked! The decor of the cabin is a bit more serene, and at the time, the spa cabin area was 100% smoke free (including on the balcony) - this has since changed as there is no longer smoking permitted on balconies - there are upgraded robes to use for the week, a flimsy (but useful) pair of slippers are yours to take home (I still have mine from my 2012 cruise) and a supply of upgraded toiletries (our steward has provided us with new ones as often as we like during the trip). Then there is the Cloud 9 spa! In addition to the thelaso (whatever it's called) "pool" (which in essence is a huge jacuzzi (with some mineral waters for health benefits) - but warmer and far less crowded than any I have found on deck), there are also several amazing spa rooms...steam (I recall 2 - with different fragrances), dry sauna types (2 - each warmer than the next), and one with tile loungers that are heated from the inside that are so relaxing! There are some very nice showers as well (not private though). And there is also a very seldom used relaxation room with comfy chairs that has a tea station as well as some cold water with fruits. So my friend and I have a ritual. We do whatever we do during the day, and because we choose "anytime dining" around 4:30 or so we make our way to the Cloud 9 spa (we have found it mostly deserted at that time). We go from room to room (about 10-15 minutes per), then go to the thelaso pool for a good long soak, and eventually go to the room with tile loungers that are heated from the inside - where we just melt. After, we shower and get dressed for the evening - or sometimes we just give up, and just shower and go "home" (our cabin) and chill out. Maybe later we'll go to the comedy show, or get a bite to eat, go dance a bit, walk around and people watch...whatever. Because we use the Cloud 9 spa each and every day we get our money's worth. If you don't think it's something you would utilize on a regular basis, it probably isn't worth the extra. Right now, on our Oct sailing the spa balcony cabin cost us each $100 more than a standard balcony (similar category, not the cheapest). So it pays off for us. On embarkation day there will be a tour of the spa, take it and see for yourself. Maybe buy a one day pass at the start of your trip and give it a whirl. The Cloud 9 as others have mentioned is not on every ship.

I realize the Cloud 9 spa (like anything else in life) is not for everyone...that said, my best friend and I have have now enjoyed it on 3 sailings and will again in October. We initially discovered it on the Splendor when a spa balcony cabin was reduced to the same price as our standard balcony cabin, so we moved. We were hooked! The decor of the cabin is a bit more serene, and at the time, the spa cabin area was 100% smoke free (including on the balcony) - this has since changed as there is no longer smoking permitted on balconies - there are upgraded robes to use for the week, a flimsy (but useful) pair of slippers are yours to take home (I still have mine from my 2012 cruise) and a supply of upgraded toiletries (our steward has provided us with new ones as often as we like during the trip). Then there is the Cloud 9 spa! In addition to the thelaso (whatever it's called) "pool" (which in essence is a huge jacuzzi (with some mineral waters for health benefits) - but warmer and far less crowded than any I have found on deck), there are also several amazing spa rooms...steam (I recall 2 - with different fragrances), dry sauna types (2 - each warmer than the next), and one with tile loungers that are heated from the inside that are so relaxing! There are some very nice showers as well (not private though). And there is also a very seldom used relaxation room with comfy chairs that has a tea station as well as some cold water with fruits. So my friend and I have a ritual. We do whatever we do during the day, and because we choose "anytime dining" around 4:30 or so we make our way to the Cloud 9 spa (we have found it mostly deserted at that time). We go from room to room (about 10-15 minutes per), then go to the thelaso pool for a good long soak, and eventually go to the room with tile loungers that are heated from the inside - where we just melt. After, we shower and get dressed for the evening - or sometimes we just give up, and just shower and go "home" (our cabin) and chill out. Maybe later we'll go to the comedy show, or get a bite to eat, go dance a bit, walk around and people watch...whatever. Because we use the Cloud 9 spa each and every day we get our money's worth. If you don't think it's something you would utilize on a regular basis, it probably isn't worth the extra. Right now, on our Oct sailing the spa balcony cabin cost us each $100 more than a standard balcony (similar category, not the cheapest). So it pays off for us. On embarkation day there will be a tour of the spa, take it and see for yourself. Maybe buy a one day pass at the start of your trip and give it a whirl. The Cloud 9 as others have mentioned is not on every ship.

It's heaven isn't it? I absolutely love it. I just booked one on the Vista. I'm hoping it has the pool. I do not see it on the deck plan but maybe I'm not looking at the right area.

Here's my thoughts...

I DO NOT get massages. I know everyone on these boards rave about the massages on the ships and while in port and you will get a lot of people asking about massages on the beach in port. I don't do them. I don't know, I guess something about someone I don't know having their hands on my body just kinda freaks me out. Another thing, I guess I'm a little self-conscious about my body and weight, so I just don't do them. So that would be something I would never use.

Next-the steam rooms and the "hot chairs". They sound wonderful, however...we cruise to the Caribbean, which means it's usually so hot outside that I can't even begin to imagine wanting to spend time in a hot room or chair. It's probably one of the reasons why we don't really get in the hot tub much either. Now if I was on an Alaskan cruise, I could see myself fully using this option! :D

I feel that the spa would end up being something to me like booking a balcony is. We have always booked interior rooms while cruising for several reasons. They are cheap! I have been a nursing student for the last 4 1/2 years and cheap = good for us. Also, by booking the cheapest possible room, this allows us to cruise twice a year (and actually 3 times last year). Another thing is that we don't spend any time in our room other than sleeping, changing and showering. So I have always felt that it would be a waste of money. With that being said, I have sailed twice in a balcony and have to say that we LOVED it. However, it's just as I expected...we were in the room MORE because we felt like we needed to be since we had the balcony. Yes, it was nice to go out on the balcony at night before going to sleep and I would write a little about our daily events for my review. But honestly, it's nothing that I don't do in an interior sitting on the bed. Yes, we tried being on the balcony around sailaway thinking it would be nice a cozy...but I found myself wanting to be up on the deck where the action and dancing was and we didn't last long. I would say the most I enjoyed it was after being in port, coming back to the ship a little early and then sitting on the balcony watching people come back...even the runners. :p

So...I think that actually having to "buy" a spa package would be about the same as getting a balcony. You would feel more pressure to use it because you purchased it, not because you actually needed or wanted it. I only wanted to try it out. So...maybe we'll just do that instead.