Pied Piper ex Istanbul

Mathguy42

We have not been on with Pied Piper, but have cruises to Istanbul several times. It is a wonderful City with a LOT to see. We enjoy walking and it is a very walkable City. You can see the Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, the Spice Market, all very close together in the Old Town part of the City. The Taksim Square, and main street mall are in the New part of the City across the bridge. The is an inexpensive tram that runs from one side to the other. Food, people and sights are all great. Enjoy

Yes, be thankful you are not in Chicago today!

Never mind about the question. i just noticed Pied Piper have pulled the Istanbul to Istanbul cruise with Celebrity. when i went on Celebrity's website i discovered that they are not doing this cruise as originally advertised at all in 2016 or the ones they list have a changed itinerary. Santorini is being replaced as a port of call with Albania! Unbelievable. And No Thank You... :mad:

check out the Celebrity Reflection on June 29th 2015. Overnight in Istanbul and take is Mykonos too.. Pied Piper have a great reputation and I have been on board (not with them) when they have had a group on the ship. A fun mixed crowd by the looks of things.. and the deals they offer appear to be very good value.

I have never heard a bad word against them and they are thoroughly charming on the phone when you make enquiries too.

I would happily book with them, tho never have done so yet.

Celebrity Reflection is a great ship. We love Celebrity and they are VERY gay friendly.

Silhouette is my favourite so far.. as you can see, I gave been on it a few times.. It is a happy ship and the staff at Martini Bar always seem to be the best of all of their ships.

It also has Gayzar (Quazar) Nightclub, sadly missing on Reflection.

Silhouette is my favourite so far.. as you can see, I gave been on it a few times.. It is a happy ship and the staff at Martini Bar always seem to be the best of all of their ships.

It also has Gayzar (Quazar) Nightclub, sadly missing on Reflection.

Our favorite is actually Azamara Quest. Greatest crew ever, lots of fun.

We are checking out Celebrity Reflection ex Rome round trip. They offer an overnight in Istanbul and it sounds like a wonderful itinerary. We will probably spend three nights in Rome pre-cruise. Another chance to toss a penny in the Trevi fountain! We have been on the Millenium and the Summit but this will be our first on the Reflection

It does look like Celebrity is changing its itineraries for cruises out of Istanbul for 2016:)

We are checking out Celebrity Reflection ex Rome round trip. They offer an overnight in Istanbul and it sounds like a wonderful itinerary. We will probably spend three nights in Rome pre-cruise. Another chance to toss a penny in the Trevi fountain! We have been on the Millenium and the Summit but this will be our first on the Reflection

Well, that depends on when you go. The Trevi Fountain is currently in the middle of a long restoration. It has been drained, and scaffolding is up. They've installed a little basin with water in it for those who want to throw coins. I feel sorry for first-time visitors, but of course this work is very necessary.

Here's the live web cam:

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lazio/roma/fontana-di-trevi.html

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you've chucked the baby out with the bathwater, but if you're not dead set on Pied Piper, there is an Istanbul to Istanbul on Celebrity Constellation sailing Sept 30th 2015. We'll be on it, in fact. It's a great itinerary.

yes this is also on the agenda. Turkish Air now offer direct flights to Istanbul that are much more reasonable than flights to Rome. It doesn't look like we will end up cruising with you but enjoy your cruise and thanks for the heads-up!

It does look like Celebrity is changing its itineraries for cruises out of Istanbul for 2016:)

We are doing this cruise on 29th June.... Reflection is a great ship as are all Celebrity Solstice class ships...