Is today's promo worth it?

Imasima752

I might not be doing the math correctly and seriously don't know what to do as I ponder whether to jump on today's promo or stick with what I have. I currently have a 2br suite (H4) booked on the Escape for my husband, my mom and me. My current booking totals $6,900 and includes the Cruise Event promotion and OBC (I think for booking a suite early but I'm not sure) that gives us the following:

Dining, French Restaurant for 2 Guests

Dining, Italian Restaurant for 2 Guests

Dining, Steak Restaurant for 2 Guests

$50 Mandara Spa Gift Certificate

Free $75 On-Board Credit Certificate

Free $150 On-Board Credit Certificate

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

1 Bottle of Wine

We would have to pay for my mom to eat in the restaurants with us, which would cost me $65 in total based on the current prices. Last year when my husband and I were on the Jewel, we purchased the 4-bottle Viva Vino package ($80), which I would do again as I know my mom would also enjoy it. In addition, I had at least two alcoholic beverages per day; my husband probably had 3 or 4 for the entire cruise; and we had a couple of sodas. I really wanted to drink more than I did, but I tried to stay within our OBC amount. Anyway, so figure on top of the $6,900 I'd add $145 for the dinners and wine package for a total of $7,045.

This morning I saw that with the Friends & Family Sail Free and Freestyle Choice promos for the same cruise and suite, it would cost us $7,558 if we rebooked to get the $300, UDP and UBP and I'm wondering if it's worth switching. Yes, we'd have $25 more in OBC and I know we'll still get chocolate covered strawberries from our butler at least once and a bottle of wine for being in a suite, but are the dining and drinking packages worth the additional $513? On our last cruise we dined in a specialty restaurant every night as there wasn't a Haven restaurant on the Jewel for dinner. But with the Haven restaurant on the Escape and the 3 free dinners for 2, I just don't know. Then again, I'd love to have the UBP as I'd enjoy trying new drinks and wouldn't feel bad if I didn't like something, such as the Pear Pleasure I had to suffer through on the Jewel (husband and mom could fight it out as to who'd be stuck with the soda package :D ). But I will also have to increase our trip insurance coverage… What to do???

For us no it wouldn't be worth it. You say your dh doesn't drink very much, neither does mine. So will you and your mom drink $500 worth? That's a lot of drinks or at least would be for me and my mom. The other package would be plenty of specialty dining esp since you have the haven.

I'm doing my happy dance thanks to so many useful tips posted in this forum. I used a CC "sponsored" TA (tip from another thread) and re-booked an H4 on the same deck with today's promo for $6,876 - actually added the UBP, UDP, and an additional $25 OBC and paid less than I did when I booked in September!

For us no it wouldn't be worth it. You say your dh doesn't drink very much, neither does mine. So will you and your mom drink $500 worth? That's a lot of drinks or at least would be for me and my mom. The other package would be plenty of specialty dining esp since you have the haven.

That's what I was thinking as well until I saw I could get it for less. If I couldn't have, I would have kept my booking.