Evening SBP Tour without doing their morning excursions?

babydrum

I am doing a two-day private tour in St. Petersburg but would like to join a group for the SBP Tours "Night on the Town" tour. I heard on one of the cruise critic forums that you can't join the evening tours unless you've done the morning tour. Does anyone know if that's true?

I am doing a two-day private tour in St. Petersburg but would like to join a group for the SBP Tours "Night on the Town" tour. I heard on one of the cruise critic forums that you can't join the evening tours unless you've done the morning tour. Does anyone know if that's true?

To be honest, I have really never heard this asked before. If so, maybe I missed it. I would suggest you email a couple of the tour companies and see what they say. Tell them what you want and ask if this is possible. No harm done by asking.

BTW, why don't you just tour with this company that is offering this night excursion?

Cheers

Len

I think the evening tours are only available through them if you also take their day tour.

Possibly because their margins on evening tours are small, or possibly so that they can ensure that the two dove-tail.

Their websites or an e-mail will give you a definitive answer.

JB :)

To be honest, I have really never heard this asked before. If so, maybe I missed it. I would suggest you email a couple of the tour companies and see what they say. Tell them what you want and ask if this is possible. No harm done by asking.

BTW, why don't you just tour with this company that is offering this night excursion?

Cheers

Len

I got a much better deal on a customized 2 day private tour but she doesn't offer anything similar for the evening because this isn't even a tour, no guide but just a driver for 3 hours. You can do whatever you want, shopping, pictures, a restaurant, etc., as long as the driver is right outside.

I was going to join others who wanted to experience SPB at night but I guess I'll have to email the company to see if I can. Thanks.

I heard on one of the cruise critic forums that you can't join the evening tours unless you've done the morning tour. Does anyone know if that's true?

You can go on an evening tour, even if you have not been on a day tour at all.

All you need is to have booked through a recognised travel agent who is licensed to offer visa-free trips. It may be the policy of a particular tour operator who wants to hog your business for your whole stay, but I don't see any reason why you could not book two day trips and one evening trip with three different agencies.

Just remember in June and July it doesn't really get dark at night, and the lift bridges on the Neva river rise around 1am. There are tours just to see that.

http://www.bestguides-spb.com/tour-white.html

I would also check your cruise line. They may offer something you might be interested in and it has no conflict with what you do during the day.

Just a note though. Private tour companies can, and do, adjust their tour schedules to traffic, to weather, to any sort of thing. When we toured, we had a glorious day on day one so they adjusted some of our tour schedule so that we could enjoy more of the outdoor activities on that first day. Like we were scheduled to do a river cruise on day 2, but since the weather was so nice, they added that onto our schedule for day one. To make this long story shorter, we were scheduled to be back at the ship by 5 and we didn't return till after 6, because of the added cruise. I don't know if this would impact any evening plans, but if you are in a group and that's what the group wants to do, you do it also.

Anyway, just another thought on the matter.

Cheers

Len

I just went thru the same thing... SPB wants you to have done their day tour because then the visa waiver covers you for both. We are doing their day tour now because I really wanted to do the Fun Vodka Tour at night! Their day tour covered more and was less expensive than the ships tour anyway.