Question about boarding (Getaway) - Haven

LeahH

Hi!

We're thinking of booking a last minute cruise on the Norwegian Getaway. There would be 4 in our party and we'd likely book 1 Haven Spa Suite and 1 regular balcony room.

When it comes to boarding would the Haven guests board separately? Or could we all board together?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

:)

The process is that Haven guests check in at priority check in room, and non Haven guests check in at the normal area. You can certainly all check in together at the normal check in area. With that said some have said on here they've all been able to check in together at the priority room. This is an exception to the rules and doesn't seem to happen often. For boarding, you can certainly all board together through the normal waiting area.

Edited by sc2011

Thanks so much! We're not sure if it makes sense for us to book one Haven suite and one regular room, trying to figure out if it will make things difficult.

Here are a few questions that would help to know the answer to in order to advise you.

1) Would the 4 of you feel comfy in a 2 BR Haven Suite? Are you all family?

There is a new promo where the first 2 members of a cabin pay a cruise fare and members 3-8 are free.

2) Do you plan to spend a lot of time together on board?

If they are in a non Haven cabin, they can visit you in your Haven suite but not share the Haven areas with you

Good questions!

1) We are all family but we'd prefer to have our own rooms/own space. That's great to know though.

2) I imagine we'd have dinner together most evenings and lunch together maybe 50% of the time.

The available Haven Spa suites are all on Deck 14 - would love it if anyone had any insight on best pick!

We were on the Epic last year in the Haven and my parents were not. If we would cruise together again, I would prefer us be together either in the Haven or not.

I asked the pre-cruise concierge if we could board together, but was told that they could not arrange this for us, so we used the Haven boarding and my parents boarded on their own.

If you eat in the Haven restaurant for dinner, you can have guests join you two times for $25/each. No guests for lunch or breakfast. Like mentioned above, they can visit you in your suite, but they cannot come up with you to the Haven area.

We were able to have my parents join us when we were seated early for shows. The concierge also made it a point to tell us they would be welcome for priority disembarkation and offered to print everyone's boarding pass for us. We didn't know they would even print ours -- this was our first cruise! Overall, the concierge was very helpful, but probably because we didn't ask for anything besides the show seating (and would have been fine if we had been told no).

If you can do it, have everyone in the Haven. It will make things simpler for you.