TP Intro Scuba or Top Dive in Bora Bora?

Ninjachyck

:) My husband and I are dying to try scuba diving on this trip (we're on TP Oct 1) and we're torn between the ship's excursion, or just booking through Top Dive dive shops. Any suggestions? Anyone done either? The Top Dive tour is the same length of time, and a little bit cheaper.....Any help is appreciated!:cool:

I went diving with TopDive in Bora Bora earlier this year. I did two dives, one of which was a shark dive. They were great to work with and very, very nice. I would not hesitate to go with them again and would highly recommend you go with them rather than the ship's excursion.

I had the misfortune of doing a ship's dive in Moorea and it was one of the worst diving excursions I've ever had. In Moorea they used Bathy's - a name I will never forget and never dive with again.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there - we did the TP for our honeymoon and we dove both with the ship for an intro and then with Top Dive. Both were fabulous! HOWEVER, if you go with the ship your time might be lost/slighted because of others on the tour with you. For instance since it is an intro dive you will buddy up OR have 3 to an instructor, if for some reason any one person has problems - and this is comon on an intro dive your dive time might be compromised. this won't be true wtih Top Dve becasue they don't have 20 or so people to take down!

My experience with the ship was fine - both my self and my friend Meg (DH had water in his ear and couldn't dive) had no problems and since we don't breath much and figured out neutral bouyancy quickly the DM spent more time showing us what was under water rather then getting our skills ok enough to move. in fact we saw a HUGE moray eel out in the open it was very cool.

Our buddy Josh got paired up with some random person who totally freaked out once in the water. This is not unusual seeing as it was his first time. Anyway the DM left josh on the bottom on his knees so that he could take the other guy to the surface.....needless to say Josh didn't get as much dive time and Meg and I did.

With top dive there were only 4 of us and it was super personalized!

• 1 month later...

We ended up going with Top Dive, and they were amazing! I would highly recommend anyone doing any level of Scuba diving to choose them. They were professional, helpful and incredibly patient with us newbies. Two huge thumbs up for Top Dive on Bora Bora!!:D

Archived