Celebrity Solstice March 2015 - Cigar Smoking

MangoPicker

Hello Fellas,

I and my good wife are cigar smokers, and do enjoy and good stick mid afternoon and after dinner. Does anyone know if you can smoke anywhere indoors on the Celebrity Solstice. My sticks are pretty industrious in size and aroma and are by no means a quick smoke so we're hoping to avoid having to hangout the back....

Look forward to some robust feedback.

Until March.

Pool deck, port side, towards the rear.....Deck 5 (outside where the lifeboats are), 2 places, port side.......Deck where the lawn is, port side, right at the back of the ship...... Next to the Mast Bar, starboard side.....Possibly one other area, aft......None of these could be called "inside areas" although the area on pool deck has a roof and is enclosed with windows.

Marvelous Jeeveers,

Looks like we'll be setting up camp on the lawn! We're bringing our own as I do not believe they sell Cubans on-board. Cunard for offer the Churchill Room which is always rather nice - I believe the other companies have stopped this.

Marvelous Jeeveers,

Looks like we'll be setting up camp on the lawn! We're bringing our own as I do not believe they sell Cubans on-board. Cunard for offer the Churchill Room which is always rather nice - I believe the other companies have stopped this.

It is on the edge of the lawn, several tables and chairs, watch out for the ashtrays, that will indicate you are ok in that area. Next to the Bar, SunsetBarI think they call it. They do have a selection of Cigars inthe DutyFree shop onboard. Where are you from and sailing from, buy Duty Free if you can.

Unless things have changed since March 2014, CIGAR and pipe smoking is restricted to the port side of the lawn deck, just around the corner from the Sunset Bar. A very pleasant location with comfortable seating and good views, but it is out doors. All other locations mentioned by jveeres are cigarette and e-cigarette smoking areas only. Pipe and cigar smokers have been known to be politely redirected to the aforementioned location by Celebrity staff.

Celebrity has a no smoking indoors, or on balconies policy which is strictly enforced by fines.

Cheers, h

running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif_______________________

Unless things have changed since March 2014, CIGAR and pipe smoking is restricted to the port side of the lawn deck, just around the corner from the Sunset Bar. A very pleasant location with comfortable seating and good views, but it is out doors. All other locations mentioned by jveeres are cigarette and e-cigarette smoking areas only. Pipe and cigar smokers have been known to be politely redirected to the aforementioned location by Celebrity staff.

Celebrity has a no smoking indoors, or on balconies policy which is strictly enforced by fines.

Cheers, h

running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif_______________________

You could be right but in 5 cruises on S Class , my wife and I have smoked cigars in all of the mentioned places on a daily basis without ever been told different.

I stand corrected after reading Celebritys smoking policy. Yes Cigars only in area adjacent to Sunset Bar. So middlehaitch, you will be on the lawn area. Can get windy up there at night but it is a pleasant enough area.

Marvelous thanks both of you! Also nice to see another wife partaking! Shame your not coming along Jeevees.... I'm bringing a selection of the best Cubans with me.

Do they sell Cubans in the duty free shop on-board? Not sure as American ship....

• 2 weeks later...