Ultimate Dining

pateng

We are just off Star. We were able to order 2 entrees with no extra charge. I did not ask for the 2nd set of vegtables so that may have made a difference. You can order surf and turf which is basically 2 entrees put together. Had it 4 times on the 14 day cruise. Cagney's was by far our favorite.

Lunch is also covered by UDP (according to reports from those who have done it).

Wow, that would be awesome! Could change a dinner to something else then! Assuming this would likely be sea days? We leave Sun so I can let people know after that if they have it in the Epic now at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually book a second restaurant when we book the Cirque shows. The show is great....the food not so much. So we book the early show and have a few cocktails during the show and then have a nice meal after.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually book a second restaurant when we book the Cirque shows. The show is great....the food not so much. So we book the early show and have a few cocktails during the show and then have a nice meal after.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree Cirque is definitely an awesome show. I recommend everyone see it but definitely don't bring the kids lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

When drinks are rang up on your card for UBP, you actually see and sign the actual charges on the bill. They are not zeroed out until the end of the day. (Unlike UDP, where charges are zeroed out before you even sign the ticket). If you didn't have a UBP sticker on the card, you could actually ring in 10 drinks at a time, just like you were buying them for someone else, because the server/bartender wouldn't know the difference. They would then all be automatically zeroed out by the system at the end of the day.

Exactly what we have planned - did the UDP for the free Cirque on the first night and have the 6pm show, then have a 9pm reservation for La Cucina at 9. (Probably the restaurant we had the least excitement about).

Anyone know if there's any kind of penalty for no-shows on the UDP? I mean I know we can always just check in and split a flatbread and get a dessert or something if the food at Cirque is that great but just wondering.

Exactly what we have planned - did the UDP for the free Cirque on the first night and have the 6pm show, then have a 9pm reservation for La Cucina at 9. (Probably the restaurant we had the least excitement about).

Anyone know if there's any kind of penalty for no-shows on the UDP? I mean I know we can always just check in and split a flatbread and get a dessert or something if the food at Cirque is that great but just wondering.

We did the exact same thing, at the exact same restaurant, at the exact same time, because La Cucina was also the restaurant we were least excited about, so for the exact same reasons. haha

I don't know if there is a penalty for no-shows, because we have always given them the courtesy of letting them know if we aren't going to make our reservation. It takes mere seconds.

No there isn't a penalty

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We did the exact same thing, at the exact same restaurant, at the exact same time, because La Cucina was also the restaurant we were least excited about, so for the exact same reasons. haha

I don't know if there is a penalty for no-shows, because we have always given them the courtesy of letting them know if we aren't going to make our reservation. It takes mere seconds.

That's good to know. Thanks! :)

Maybe we can do this as well. If we are already full, we can at least get some Tiramisu! :D

Great minds think alike? ;)

I would always let them know if we weren't making it to a reservation but just wanted to be sure there wasn't like a 24 hour cancellation penalty like without the UDP where we'd get charged even if we notified them. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by marciemi

• 1 month later...
Each of your passenger cards (for cabin access, getting off/on the ship, charging stuff) will have a little sticker on it, indicating UDP.

At the end of the meal, you'll each be asked for your cards, to "pay" for the meal. For anyone with a UDP sticker, there will be a "charge" and then it will be zero'd out from the UDP credit.

If you get an "extra charge" entree, that will be "charged" and then zero'd out, too.

GeezerCouple

Do you get charged for a 2nd entree?