Funny Story About the iConcierge App on the Epic

zdcatc12

I was on the Epic a few weeks ago and noticed that the app showed lunch dining available for Cagney's on the last sea day, even though the Daily for that day didn't show it open for lunch, nor did the monitors by the elevator show it available.

Smart me went ahead and booked it anyway and we went down there for lunch it was dark. I went back to the reservation person at the desk and told her what happened. She said that it is open for lunch on some ships, but not on the Epic. When I had her check our times for dinner, she looked up our account and found the Cagney's lunch reservation on her computer!!! She said that that had never happened before.

I thought it was more funny than anything, even though it cost me not having a Bison steak for lunch.

How useful is the app? Does it incorporate a deck plan? I don't see that as an option now, but it looks like most of the app isn't active until your on the ship's wifi.

Your right, no deck plan and you can't even interact until on the ship. Wasn't really as good as it could be. I wished it would show what times and events you had reservations for, but it didn't even do that, nor show your charges, which I wished it had done.

The info on the web site: Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Jewel and Pride Of America.

This may not be up-to-date, but I'm pretty sure it's not on all ships.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I found the app to be helpful to check my bill, but pretty useless for anything else. I say that, since it is rarely complete on activities going on. I was on the Jewel last week. In the evening, the big show was listed, and the evening party, but none of the small venue/bar music was. As a result, while you were sitting down at the 715 show, wondering where X person was playing that night their second set, you couldnt figure it out. I did not use the feature to call or text another.

We were on the EPIC last week and had downloaded the iconcierge App. I found it to be very helpful.

No there are no deck plans, and there were no confirmed reservations. Which means you have to keep track of everything yourself...there are no notices for your dinner res. Also the network was a little sporadic, it only worked inside the ship.

I liked it to check to see what activities were going on....it was easy than carrying around the dailies. My husband and I could be doing different things and meet up later ..cause we could contact each other.

I was also able to view my bill on a daily basis which helped in budget planning.

For $7.95 the we each paid per week... it was peace of mind.