Cabins for 5?

ChristinaN

We'd really like to give Celebrity a try. I'm wondering if any of the ships have affordable cabins for 5? We usually sail in connecting balconies but I'm afraid we've exceeded our vacation budget with our upcoming NCL Breakaway cruise in connecting mini- suites so we are looking at a cheaper option for our next cruise. Also, are there any particular promotions that I should be on the look out for?

Thx.

You need to call Celebrity and ask about the FV cabins. On S class ships, they are 575 square feet with two separate bedrooms (one is small with bunks) and they are generally only available for booking by 5. They don't show up on the website so you do need to call.

On S class they're at the front corners of floors 7 and 8, on M class they're at the back corners. Not as big in M class but they have huge balconies.

Thank you. These sound very pricey, I suppose I was wondering if they offered something about half the size like they do on NCL, CCL and DCL? 575 sq ft would be out of our budget for sure.

No, they're not that expensive!! They're as big as a suite but furnished like a regular room. We paid $999 for a 14 day Med cruise when they opened them up for two to book. You need to at least check. They are NOT priced like suites. . .

The only thing about half that size is a Sky Suite which would probably be more because it has butler servce, etc, and really can't sleep 5.

Your other option would be to book two insides, or an inside plus a balcony across the hall. . .the two insides would be the cheapest. . .but keep an eye out for good pricing on the 2c and 2d balcony cabins. They are partially obstructed by the lifeboats but still great cabins. ALL cabins up to the Family Verandas are identical in size, at 194 sq. ft., whether inside, outside or balcony, if that helps. . .

Edited by CathyCruises

In terms of promotions sometimes the 123 or pick-your-perk promotion has a free or reduced fare for the 3/4/5 passengers on selected cruises

When I booked I had the cabin numbers I preferred handy as the agents don't seem that familiar with the Family Verandas

Also the system does not seem to be able to handle 5 names on one reservation. For our booking for one cabin has two reservation numbers with 3 of us on one and 2 on the other

Yes, just keep looking for a promotion. For our upcoming spring break cruise I was able to book the FV with 5 of us and only had to pay for 2 people. 3/4/5 guests were free! It will be the cheapest cruise we've taken!! Plus I was able to get some OBC . . .gotta love a deal:)