Agreement between Royal and Carnival about ship names?

BillOh

How do you join a roll call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to cruise critic. I'm a big advocate of roll calls. You have to go to an index level of this forum and find the roll call listing for your cruise line (Royal Caribbean in our case) then find the listings for your ship. Once on the ship level, search carefully for the date of your cruise and then join the fun. When I say be careful searching, that is to avoid starting a duplicate one. The first person starting the roll call might name is 6/15/15 Freedom or the might call it Freedom June 15th. The roll calls vary in what they do, but its always a good way to pass the time till your cruise and either learn, or impart your wisdom.

When the reply is something like "The Carnival Ship" or "The Royal Ship" we get quite a laugh as many times there have been two ships in port from the lines in question. We always hope that the people we have spoken with have made it safely back to the ship they belong on!

In 2007 I was at Coco Cay on Majesty and Sovereign was there the same time. Not only are they the same line, but they look alike. There were tender lines on both sides of the island with signs saying which way to which ship and I believe they checked your Seapass card before getting on the tenders, but a few people did get to the wrong ship and didn't realize it till they couldn't get through Security. The last tender had to take people from one ship to the other.