Transfer booking from NCL direct to a Travel Agent

LMaxwell

I'm going to start shopping T/A's to see who wants to "buy" my reservation.

I expect my price, perks, and cabin to remain exactly as originally booked.

3 people - Escape - Balcony Cabin - Free Ultimate Bev Package for guests one and two. 3rd in room sails for only taxes and fees. With taxes, fees, and insurance (purchased through NCL) it is around $2500.

With that sort of cost what sort of offers should I expect from a T/A? I won't go through the hassle for $25 OBC...

Should I have a target of $100 OBC? $200 OBC? Free specialty dinner?

Thank you for starting this thread. Would not have thought to transfer before but did today for next year's and 2017 cruises and will be keeping prices, udp, ubp, and $300 obc while adding $200 and $100 respectively in obc from TA! Thanks again!

The last two times I've cruised we've used an online travel agency. They have a booking fee of 24.95 a cabin. Is this a normal amount for a booking fee? I was thinking the next time I should just do an online booking directly with NCL. I booked an Oceanview and got the UBP with 50 OBC. I'm happy with what I got, just wondering about the booking fee.

I would keep searching as there are online agencies that do not charge booking fees. You may want to search CC for its page about cruise agents.

:cool: Since my original booking back in Jan. through my local TA I have had 2 price drops, both in which I had to bring to my TA's attention, something she is suppose to be doing as per our agreement...

She finally called me back today after I Emailed and left a voice mail that she had got just off the phone with NCL and after the price adjustment I saved over $1200 off my 12 Day Med Cruise on the Epic in March of 2016...

I still retained my OBC and my UDP however the OBC was lowered from $200 to $75, but to be honest the money I saved more than makes up for the small loss...However it still upsets me that she has twice missed the price reductions and its only been through my watchful eye that I saved any money at all ...

I am going to continue to check the NCL website every day to watch for any more price drops ...Someone has to it seems....

:D As of now after the reductions I have a Aft Balcony for me and my brother that prices out after taxes , port fees, prepaid tips, insurance and all other hidden fee's to $1600 per person for 12 days on the Epic in the Med...

Edited by warriorking

The last two times I've cruised we've used an online travel agency. They have a booking fee of 24.95 a cabin. Is this a normal amount for a booking fee?

I'd never use a TA with booking fees.

Ours does have $100 cancellation fee but we've never had to pay it - even when cancelling one reservation and making a new one on a different cruise (essentially only "moving" a reservation). Or like yesterday, when cancelling two extra bookings that I made on saturday evening when it was too late to contact the TA and NCL's promo said falsefully "today only" - yesterday after NCL's promo revision our TA updated our original reservations to current promo and cancelled the ones I had made to make sure we got it.

I contacted several agents. I contacted 3 listed on the agents page of this site, I contacted a local branch of a large Northeast agency, and I contacted an agent my brother has used for years. Here is a list of the offers.

• CC listed agency - double-digit OBC and double-digit discount; straight transfer of existing booking; no cancellation or booking fees
  • CC listed agency - paid gratuities for 2 passengers; straight transfer of existing booking; $50/pp cancel fee
  • CC listed agency - double my existing OBC that NCL already gave me (triple digits); straight transfer of existing booking; no cancel or booking fees
  • local agency - no offer at all, not really interested
  • brothers agent - no offer, somewhat interested

I'm going with the 3rd option above.

• 2 months later...
I contacted several agents. I contacted 3 listed on the agents page of this site, I contacted a local branch of a large Northeast agency, and I contacted an agent my brother has used for years. Here is a list of the offers.

• CC listed agency - double-digit OBC and double-digit discount; straight transfer of existing booking; no cancellation or booking fees
  • CC listed agency - paid gratuities for 2 passengers; straight transfer of existing booking; $50/pp cancel fee
  • CC listed agency - double my existing OBC that NCL already gave me (triple digits); straight transfer of existing booking; no cancel or booking fees
  • local agency - no offer at all, not really interested
  • brothers agent - no offer, somewhat interested

I'm going with the 3rd option above.

Can I contact you? About your agency?

Can I contact you? About your agency?

Hi. As noted, I'm not supposed to provide that info. I honestly don't know why, since this is a forum to help others, but whatever. I don't think it hurts to provide you with this info. I went to this page on this site, http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/ , and I started calling and asking what they would offer me to transfer to them. I only called 3 of the agencies listed. I ended up going with the first one that I called, even though I had to call them back to get an answer.

• 1 year later...
Hello!

can someone transfer a cruise from directcruiseline, if its within 60 days. what form do they have, and where do you get them from.

Your TA can provide you that form with their info filled in - at least mine does.