Hair salon on board?

Savlamara

If you are going to the "islands" I would just wait until you hit port. Every fifth gal has a braid practice going, whether at the beach, downtown, at a resort, or even outside some restaurants. And they do a wonderful job for 10bucks. A trick: clean hair is much harder to braid than day old hair. And you can wash it after it has been braided.

The hair salons on ship are exhorbitant in price and the gals aren't that talented.

An almost bald man here that's never had his hair braided but from reading on here over the years, it would seem that most people say to never get your hair braided or beaded on the islands. The combs they use aren't cleaned after each use and sometimes the people doing the braiding have lice eggs under their fingernails.

As I said, I'm only speaking from what I have read on here.

An almost bald man here that's never had his hair braided but from reading on here over the years, it would seem that most people say to never get your hair braided or beaded on the islands. The combs they use aren't cleaned after each use and sometimes the people doing the braiding have lice eggs under their fingernails.

As I said, I'm only speaking from what I have read on here.

If I were to believe everything I read on Cruise Critic I would be so paranoid I would never ever set foot out of my front door.

I've had my hair braided countless times while cruise vacationing and have never had a problem....these aren't 3rd world countries after all.