Cave tubing - what to wear??

Sethch

You can wear a swimsuit with a t-shirt over it if you're more comfortable with that - you're going to be wearing a life jacket and helmet during the hike. Our company's tubes had bottom covers on them, so you could stay fairly dry. Be aware that your feet are going to be wet during the hike and it's rocky - choose your footwear carefully. :)

Has anyone rented shoes from them? I heard you can rent them for $3? If so are they very good. We don't have a lot of use for water shoes so I hate to invest in pricey ones for all 5 of us. I have a few pairs but I don't know if they would be considered "good ones".

Has anyone rented shoes from them? I heard you can rent them for $3? If so are they very good. We don't have a lot of use for water shoes so I hate to invest in pricey ones for all 5 of us. I have a few pairs but I don't know if they would be considered "good ones".

One of the guys in our group did and he said they were comfortable.

The rental shoes looked to be similar to crocs, and I've heard others say that crocs are good for this excursion. If you don't want to buy new ones or rent water shoes, consider having everyone just bring an old pair of sneakers they don't mind getting wet - you could pitch them afterwards or I've read that they will accept your donated shoes and give them away to the needy.

I have seen people in bathing suits only (both 1 piece and 2), bathing suits with a tee shirt over them, bathing suits with a pair for shorts over them...every combination available. Just know that there's a huge building with a bathroom and changing area that you can change into dry clothes when you are done.

We have always worn water shoes. I have heard some mention that water shoes hurt their feet but we have done this twice with no problems. I guess it all depends on how "tender" your feet are. :p