cavetubing... private tour vs cruise tour

pcbcruiser

As I am looking at excursions in Belize on the Carnival website I see three cave tubing excursions that I am interested in. I have also read in previous threads about cavetubing.bz.

Question is this... should I book via Carnival so I can get off the ship first or just go with the flow and book privately through cavetubing.bz?

Also, I read somewhere that you "hook together" with the tube in front of you with your feet. Is this correct? Am I going to be tubing with someone's foot in my ear?

thanks for your response. We have 4 of us and are trying to figure out the best way to go.

We used cavetubing.bz and it was terrific. You do not carry your own tubes (except right at the very end, when you hike a little further than all the other groups do and go through an additional cave), their tubes hook together with caribiners and have back rests, after going through 2 caves, their company continues floating down the river for about 15 more minutes, they provide a very good lunch. No issues at all with getting back to the ship on time. Price was reasonable, you pay in cash when you get to their office (near the river.) Our group was 14 people, which seemed quite a bit smaller than other companies' groups we saw.

Highly recommend this company!

The people at .bz are wonderful. They rely on the cruisers reviews for their business and they will make sure you are back in plenty of time. No need to book with the cruiseline and pay inflated cost for the excursion and get a lot less. These guys work their butts off. You will learn a lot of history along the way (both in the van and while walking). They haven't hooked feet to armpits for several years now. No worries.

I have 2 reviews from this company that I did in my signature line. The second time around has TONS of pictures.

The people at .bz are wonderful. They rely on the cruisers reviews for their business and they will make sure you are back in plenty of time. No need to book with the cruiseline and pay inflated cost for the excursion and get a lot less. These guys work their butts off. You will learn a lot of history along the way (both in the van and while walking). They haven't hooked feet to armpits for several years now. No worries.

I have 2 reviews from this company that I did in my signature line. The second time around has TONS of pictures.

What kind of camera did you use? I assume I would need a waterproof camera but I wasn't really wanting to buy a whole new digital NOR was I wanting a disposable 35mm. I don't know what to do!

What kind of camera did you use? I assume I would need a waterproof camera but I wasn't really wanting to buy a whole new digital NOR was I wanting a disposable 35mm. I don't know what to do!

The first cave tubing experience I had a Canon D10. The second time I had an Olympus Tough. I now carry 2 Olympus cameras (a 620 and 830) and love both of them. :D

Just please watch your excursion times and when your ship departs. There can be long lines for the tenders in the afternoon and the ride take 15 min.

Tablemates one cruise almost missed the ship because they forgot about the time change, and the private company's van broke down. The only reason they made the ship on time was a carnival excursion was late; they were on the last tender back.

• 2 weeks later...

Before we even left the parking lot, our guides were very careful to determine the time we needed to be back, including the conversion from local to ship time. We were ready to get back on the tender about 30 minutes before the deadline (after walking around the shops for about 30 minutes) and we walked right on - no wait at all.

• 2 weeks later...